Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bin Boom Box

aazn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX lumina
I was speaking to Joe (Secure Shopping) last night and yeah, he told me about the remote. Im slowly pulling all my stereo stuff out of the 10,000 plastic bags my dad put them in, suprisingly, there is no dust on them.

How would i set up the remote though?

on the back of the headunit (either blue or blue white, depending on which headunit you have) will be the remote..

if you look on the amps.. they need 3 inputs.. B+ (positive from battery) ground, and remote.. that is what you wire up the remote to.. it is just a constant that is given out by the headunit to tell the amps when to turn on....
you will need a switch to run..
headunit constant
remote wires from headunit to amp
speaker switches.

for the speaker switch.. ask in a jaycar or something.. is there such a thing as 1 switch that controlls 2 wires... if there is then you can use them to run your speakers off the headunit, if not then.. SPDT Miniature Toggle Switch - Solder Tag - Jaycar Electronics
you will need 4 of them.. (if your running 2 speakers directly off the headunit..

so the middle tag get wired to the speaker, each side one get wired to amp and headunit. depending which way you switch it will determine which turns on.

off the top of my head that is all you should need

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
dw he knows im just shitstirring :)

haha am i late? :(
i was at work :p
haha but the $10 will be donated to jc and not to u :)
or if ur lucky to u
Yeah, i was expecting you earlier. and $10 to me
That is a simple version of the one im making
on the back of the headunit (either blue or blue white, depending on which headunit you have) will be the remote..

if you look on the amps.. they need 3 inputs.. B+ (positive from battery) ground, and remote.. that is what you wire up the remote to.. it is just a constant that is given out by the headunit to tell the amps when to turn on....
you will need a switch to run..
headunit constant
remote wires from headunit to amp
speaker switches.

for the speaker switch.. ask in a jaycar or something.. is there such a thing as 1 switch that controlls 2 wires... if there is then you can use them to run your speakers off the headunit, if not then.. SPDT Miniature Toggle Switch - Solder Tag - Jaycar Electronics
you will need 4 of them.. (if your running 2 speakers directly off the headunit..

so the middle tag get wired to the speaker, each side one get wired to amp and headunit. depending which way you switch it will determine which turns on.

off the top of my head that is all you should need
Thanks mate..

So it needs the remote wire to work does it?

Ill ask at jaycar and see what they have switch wise

DarkEnvy

Bam! and the dirt is gone
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VYII Berlina
Just don't leave it out the front on rubbish day.

Sounds like an interesting concept and i wish you the best, and don't forget to post up some pictures of your progress.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
How much are wheelie bins? I have a bunch of spare speakers, subs and amps I could do this with...

I don't want to steal my neighbours and have to clean it :p

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Just don't leave it out the front on rubbish day.

Sounds like an interesting concept and i wish you the best, and don't forget to post up some pictures of your progress.
Ill try not to

Thanks mate
How much are wheelie bins? I have a bunch of spare speakers, subs and amps I could do this with...

I don't want to steal my neighbours and have to clean it :p
120L @ bunnings for like $60-90, 244L for $130ish.

Call your local council and say someone nicked your bin and they have to give you a new one