Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black 04 VY SS

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
lol when the novelty wears off just add more power if that fails just add boost. As for those wheel have you considered white or a fluro colour for that look at me Mr policeman look.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Well I've been thinking and i was almost going to sell the VY SS wheels, but decided to keep them after cleaning the shed out I've got them out and cleaned all the gutter rash of them and made them smooth. I still need to wet sand them and tidy them up some more but the aggressive scratches are gone on them, theres only light scratches left on the paint but I'll sand all that back.

I Really don't know if i should paint them Silver Again. Or Shadow Chrome Or Gloss Black. I need some honest opinions!

Shadow Chrome might look good, otherwise repaint original silver.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
I've not been able to get the time to keep going on the rims. Hopefully I'll have them done by easter i really want the black ones of the car they are pissing me off and I'm getting irratated not having the stock ones on. I'm going to take it up to BOSS Difs, at lonsdale In SA to get him to maybe rebuild the diff or shim it whatever is needed. Because Being a standard LSD it is un predictable when you spin the wheels Intentionally or not you don't know what to expect.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well heres where I'm at with the wheels so far, I've wet sanded 3 cleaned them up, I've primed them, Painted them. and clear coated them. I still have a 3rd too do, but my backs been playing up so I'm going to wait until next weekend to do the last...

this is after i took all the gutter rash off, and all thats left is some light scratches from what i used to grind the gutter rash of and smooth it back out

wet sanded, then primed, then wet sanded again

Primed, Same steps taken the same with the other 2 so far!

One on the left on the ground hadn't been touched yet, One on the chair was on its second coat of primer, one on the floor on the right was in its first light coat of silver

a Second light coat of silver

This was the 3rd coat of silver

4th coat of silver

first coat of clear After this pic i didn't take any until where I'm up to now, and if you keep reading you will see the latest, and if you can help at all I'd really appreciate it

Ok, Well I'm At a standstill with the wheels, and I'm pissed off. After doing the exact same number of coats of paint and then gloss on these 3 wheels, 2 have turned too **** and gone yellow, one has stayed looking nice and silver,

The ones that have a yellow tinge also give the sensation that there burnt in some spots as you can see in the pics, Its trippy.

The paint and the clear coat are suppost to be ok together, they seem to be because one looks fine. but the other two look horrible! any Ideas or help?

Can i wet sand them back and try and re clear them or re paint them silver and start again with the main few coats and primer benieth it all?

one of the wheels

the look its given in a few spots on the rim

the whole wheel looks some what yellow

you can see the two on the right in the pic look brighter thats with the yellow tinge and the one of the left looks fine. :| HELP! Time frustration and pissed of moments are getting too me!

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
I spoke to a mate just a minute ago who is a panel beater. Gives me **** to start with because i used paint from autobarn. But never had a problem with it before.

Anyway he said maybe I was a bit to thick in some spots with the silver, and it didn't dry enough before i started the clear, first coat of clear was light and might not of effected much then the second coat showed slightly but the last coat of clear as it got glossier has showed the defects in it he said it will look worse the more clear you give it, he said give it a few days wet sand it to get all the gloss of, then start again with really really light coats of silver Over a few days do 3 or so coats, then Two light coats of gloss or just leave them no gloss to be safe.

The worst one

this is what im talking about!

This is the wheel I'm Actually Half Happy with!

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well I ended up just putting them on, no clear coat so its just the straight paint, still look ok. Not perfect like I'd like. But there ok for the time being :) Keep my eye out for SSZ wheels :)

Here it is now anyways. They look nicer than they did when i got it becase 0% gutter rash on them haha...

Car is dirty as FARK horrible weather atm,

Car goes on the dyno on Saturday morning I Think I'll attempt to record it, Like every other clown :)

I'm going to see if he can make power mode shifting more aggressive. 29th of June the cars going to a street meet at the drags! lol

Mate44

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Wheels look much better than before now with no rash! I just got some SSZ wheels that I’m going to respray myself, what colour silver did you use?

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wheels look much better than before now with no rash! I just got some SSZ wheels that I’m going to respray myself, what colour silver did you use?

Wheel silver its called... Motopaint or something its called. Its a nice colour. Just don't put clear coat on it. it turns to ****. and if your a bit thicker in some spots than others its a CARNT lol

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
car was on the dyno today

Last edited: