Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black/Green VT w/ Gold trim on kit... custom or factory?

Stormness

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive Series II
This is for my fiance's VT Exec. S2.. He's just bought it, and would like it restored to its former glory - it's gonna need new bumpers (old owner reversed into a garbage truck, front bumper clips are mostly broken) and a boot respray.. but I'm not sure on the colour... and that's something we need to work out first, or risk having to repaint the whole car, and the colour has kind of grown on me.

The colour is sort of a black/grey with a heavy dark green metallic finish, making the car look green in the day and black at night. It is NOT that ikky dark olive green that I've seen a million of, it's darker. (Although a past owner has tried to use it to touch up places and it definitely doesn't match on close inspection or in good light) It has a sports kit very similar if not the same as the HSV model (we were parked next to one at maccas the other day, and well I have no idea, but it looked pretty similar), with a dark (burnt?)gold trim. Atm, I don't have a colour code, because I don't have the car, it's off getting roadworthied.. but at this stage she looks to be mechanically A1, so I might have it back soonish. :)

Now I used to work at a Ford dealership (I know, I'm the enemy, but if it's any consolation I hated it there) so I went and tried a few detailer contacts, but all they know is fords, fords and more fords.. and I'm getting a little tired of the "sorry, can't help ya love" routine because they're too lazy to actually look it up. So here I am... I'll see if I can rake up a few pics from when we first looked at it, and any help is masively appreciated!

IMGP2407.jpg

IMGP2412.jpg

IMGP2408.jpg

Well, there she is.. you can see why she needs new bumpers and a boot respray in those pics.. :p Oh, and the rego isn't censored because it's no longer registered... and we'll be getting our custom plates back on her anyway :)

club255

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Hsv WM Grange
hey there, cant help with the colour, but the kit is a vx clubby kit with the front bar designed to fit the vt, as for the gold trim on the bumpers, on the genuine clubbys that gold is factory and the paint code for the gold is xxjb4, hope this helps