Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blackening Tail lights and Spoilers

DylanWillo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 2005
Hey guys
finally grew the balls to start playing around with my car, ive debadged it and pulled the spoiler off and next i wanna blacken the tail lights
Is it illegal? or is it aloud to a certain point?
also with taking the spoiler off i only have the 2 rear brake lights, do i need 3? like every other car.

Cheers
im sure ill have many other questions regarding my car.

DylanWillo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 2005
also i plan to put Blue Rimskins on so i dont beat the crap out of my wheels, any body used them and opinions??

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Tinting tail lights is iilegal in all states as far as I know. That and its almost impossible to do without them looking cheap and nasty. Simply buy some SS tail lights, they are tinted from factory.

Yes you need a 3rd eyelevel brake light, I got one that sticks to the inside of the rear window and wired it into the existing connecter in the boot where the factory eye level brake light is in non spoilered cars.

DylanWillo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 2005
Yeah no worries, ill see how i go with the lights. might get some SS ones. so the light has to go at the top of the window? should be easy to rig up and the only reason i wanted rim skins is because the rim sticks out further and there are alot of impatient drivers at round abouts, so just an insurance thing. not saying im a perfect driver but there is alot of people like that

BRAWT_4TH

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ssz silver ute
i tinted mine they are illegal in w.a unless you have red reflectors located on the rear of your car i got yellow stickered for them best way to do it get clear coat and some black colour pour a little bit of black into the clear comes out tinted and very shiny :)

wupdsh.jpg

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Yeah no worries, ill see how i go with the lights. might get some SS ones. so the light has to go at the top of the window? should be easy to rig up and the only reason i wanted rim skins is because the rim sticks out further and there are alot of impatient drivers at round abouts, so just an insurance thing. not saying im a perfect driver but there is alot of people like that

I stuck mine at the bottom, right over the hump in the parcel shelf.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
i tinted mine they are illegal in w.a unless you have red reflectors located on the rear of your car i got yellow stickered for them best way to do it get clear coat and some black colour pour a little bit of black into the clear comes out tinted and very shiny :)

wupdsh.jpg

Is the the carwash off Rockingham Rd?