Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VF] Blackvue DR650GE-2CH Dash Cam Install

Philmecrackun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2L 1972 Ford Galaxie Wagon 400ci
I had trouble with the voltages in the DOC plug under glove box, I tapped into the side fuse box with a add a fuse for permanent 12V and pulled out centre consul to put a USB charging point for the rear passengers and used the purple wire off cigarette lighter for acc 12V

VF_CalaisV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV L77
So, I have finished my install. But I am having some problems with the "Hardwire Parking mode" kit. Sometimes it turns the camera off when the car is driving. I think it is either a dodgy power kit or I can't select any lower low voltage switch off point. 11.6V is the lowest setting. But I see about a 1v drop from the voltage at the battery compared to the voltage at the plug. And with the smart regulators they use now sometimes the voltages drops quite low.
Anyway I have bought another slightly different hardwire with low voltage cut off power supply and I will see if that fixes it when it arrives from china..

Philmecrackun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2L 1972 Ford Galaxie Wagon 400ci
But I am having some problems with the "Hardwire Parking mode" kit. Sometimes it turns the camera off when the car is driving. I think it is either a dodgy power kit or I can't select any lower low voltage switch off point. 11.6V is the lowest setting.

That's what happened to mine when using the DOC, the voltages were weird, and tapped into main harness. I am using Power Magic kit

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Great Write up, where I just wire tied mine to the existing loom under the dash you don't see the wiring,
I installed one myself D750S-2Ch in my VE Wagon, and installed the Power Magic Pro, and its almost ran my battery flat,
So make sure you use the correct settings.

I also have a after market 128GB SD Card to suit the Blackview Dash Cams if anyone is interested in one.
I spent heaps on a lot after market SD Cards, ran a heap of tests on the after market SD Cards,
and so called cloned/remarketed SD Cards didn't work.
However, I did find one supplier that was Honest and Genuine and guaranteed it would work on the Blackview Dash Cams.
Where the 128GB I have will record a weeks driving, as the stock [16GB SD Card] one they supply only records 1/2 hour driving.
If you are interested in a 128GB After Market Micro SD Card, PM me.

Last edited: