Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blokes!! I need help choosing the right rockers for my cam

Sam Droscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ 5.7
Hey guys, I’m new to this joint and have only posted just once. Here is my second:

I’ve been building my engine, I’ve never had any experience doing this or anything with engines but I’ve always had a passion for going fast and nearly killing myself.

I’ve got a VZ SSZ Ute and I’m done pretty with much everything to it. Ported heads, full 3” stainless, dbl row timing chain, baffled oil pan, 25% under balancer, mellings oil pump, CAI and an Edelbrock intake and fuel rails, springs and pushrods, a ripshifter as well as a big old cam. I’ll grab a new TB too just not sure as to which one is best, is there any other GM FBW/DBW TB’s that will fit the ls1 with an adapter? or am I better to go cable?
my cam specs are:

Advertised 286° 287°
Actual @0.050 232° 234°
Lift with 1.7 rockers .590" .596"
110° LSA
Manual or Hi-Stall Auto
RPM Range of 2500-7000

I need some help deciding on wether it’s worth it to upgrade the rockers too. Is there any point in going a higher ratio?

Not sure what I know or what I don’t, if there’s any question I should be able to answer them.

Cheers Fellas,
Sam

Last edited: