Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bloody Clarion...

Mattde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
a Few months ago i purchased the Clarion Cz500A radio for my VX.
i installed it fine and its been working great for the the 3-4 months ive owned it
but the other day it came up with an error code "MCU UPG" or something like that.
i turned my car off and came back later to find it still on, and even after removing the face it was still on (amp power lights where still on)
so i pressed the reset button behind the face and it turned off.

since then i have not been able to turn it back on and have read that it needs some form of firmware update for the bluetooth or something like that.
i took it back to the store and they couldnt really help so i may trade it in or send it back to clarion but the only problem is i cant find the receipt! (IDIOT!)

i was wondering if anyone has a solution or any ideas? maybe someone wants to buy it and fix it themselves? its still under warranty and everything..

HELP!

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
i had an issue exactly like this with a lancer i owned.. kept saying error everytime i turned the car on and wouldnt work. i disconnected the battery and it worked fine so try that

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Just got this from another site : "Take it back and get it replaced. It is an issue with the unit itself. Mine has died twice in 8 months, and both times, it has been looked at by the Clarion dealer, and they have replaced it under warranty. From memory the code that showed up was 'MCU UPG' which relates to a firmware update to improve microphone volume for the BlueTooth Handsfree option. Problem is, it goes for the update when there is nothing connected, then bricks the head unit. There is no fix except to get it replaced"
Hope that helps.

Mattde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
thanks guys, heaps good to get such quick replies (this is my first thread)
I have actually already taken it back and its in the store at the moment cos its just wasting space in my car (i put the stock eurovox back in)
as for the disconnect the battery idea the person at the store actually plugged it in to their display rack and it wouldnt turn on at all or even respond to anything.
the fuse is fine too, we checked that..
so ill have to get it replaced... but my issue is i cant find the freaking receipt.. dammmitttt

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
thanks guys, heaps good to get such quick replies (this is my first thread)
i cant find the freaking receipt.. dammmitttt

No worries mate.
An bad luck about the receipt.