Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bluetooth Handsfree in the VE

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
I've also had the HVAC module replaced in mine due to C/C issues.

However BT was never affected. Must be a separate system.

vykeith

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina 2007
Blue Tooth Problems

I cured my Blue Tooth problems simply by disconnecting the hands free kit I fitted 9 months ago and put the dummy plug back into the existing harness.

Contrary to some other reports my Nokia 6120 is absolutely perfect with crystal clear transmission and reception without any fiddling necessary.

Wish I had it when I bought the car new in November it would have saved quite a few hassles fitting the hands free kit.

Thanks for input from others.
Regards
Keith.

Helicopter

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR Calais V8
I purchased a new Omega for my wife about two months ago, only to find that it also had no BT as standard. I then bought the original GMH BT kit and fitted it in myself. Its not hard, just fiddly having to remove the glove box, and then running the microphone cable up the side pillar to the centre console on the roof. The instructions where reasonably detailed and it cost about $400. On reflection perhaps as suggested a GPS with inbuilt BT may have been a better choice, but at least she can make use of the existing steering wheel controls so.........what the heck right?

So far no problems encountered, at least with a Sony Ericsson 3 handset. It pairs automatically on entry to the vehicle and sound quality is fine without any sign of echo.

The only problem I see in the future is if/when the BT does go faulty will GMH fix it under warranty as it was installed by a 'non authorised' person, that being myself with 35 years of electrical engineering experience?

They will probably either ask me to first remove the unit and send it back to the manufacturer, or much worse, as it wasn't installed by their authorised shop its no longer covered.....so from GMH past experience I expect the second.

So if you do go for the GMH BT, then in the long run pay the extra money and get them to install it. This way when it dosen't work, you just take the car back to them and say FIX IT !

Last edited:

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Mate you would have taken a lot more care and done a better job of installing it. As it's a factory option you've installed just go to a Holden Dealer service centre that you haven't been to before if you have a problem with it. Shouldn't be a drama. Actually you could try your local first - if they're a decent centre, they should still warrant the product.

Helicopter

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR Calais V8
Mate you would have taken a lot more care and done a better job of installing it. As it's a factory option you've installed just go to a Holden Dealer service centre that you haven't been to before if you have a problem with it. Shouldn't be a drama. Actually you could try your local first - if they're a decent centre, they should still warrant the product.

Thanks for the kind comments, and yes you are right I most probably did take more care to install the kit. Lets hope it does not go faulty.:)

thegurio

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sportwagon International
Hi guys, my first post and realistically only reason for joining. I wanted to just confirm that the profile is A2DP or not, and also how many phones can be connected at once. I myself have 2 mobiles (work/private) and then when the wife is in the car she will want hers to be connected as well no doubt.

paulevered

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Hahaha! There's only too much echo if you don't set it up properly... Had built in BT in both my VE Calais and the VE Clubby. The Calais echo'd initially but after I worked out the best way to set it up, haven't had a problem since.

Just replaced my VE sedan with a new Sportwagen which came with Bluetooth as standard.

I noticed that when I paired my phone it now says the BT is V2.

Also the audio control of speakers, fader, balance, Bass, treble etc are no longer available during a call.

It seems that it is now preset to use the drivers door speaker only, does anyone know if that is correct?

But the quality of call with this version is great compared to the V1 model.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Just replaced my VE sedan with a new Sportwagen which came with Bluetooth as standard.

I noticed that when I paired my phone it now says the BT is V2.

Also the audio control of speakers, fader, balance, Bass, treble etc are no longer available during a call.

It seems that it is now preset to use the drivers door speaker only, does anyone know if that is correct?

But the quality of call with this version is great compared to the V1 model.

I noticed this too as I just got an 09 Berlina as a replacement for the other one I had. But it says in the manual to adjust the speakers if echo is present but you can't. Also there are are a heap of other changes too.

No rear ashtray
No Console Light
No Glovebox light
White digital display with green dials
Airbags in front and rear pillars
Different Maf sensor, not the bulky style like the VS-VE MY08
Audio Controls for Bluetooth as mentioned
The main power windows have a divider to stop using one finger to lower and raise two windows at the same time.
(Note: This is the Berlina model, others may have less or more changes)

There are probably a few other things too but thats all I can think of atm. As for the bluetooth, I will ask the dealer about it on the first service and see what they say about it.

paulevered

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
I noticed this too as I just got an 09 Berlina as a replacement for the other one I had. But it says in the manual to adjust the speakers if echo is present but you can't. Also there are are a heap of other changes too.

No rear ashtray
No Console Light
No Glovebox light
White digital display with green dials
Airbags in front and rear pillars
Different Maf sensor, not the bulky style like the VS-VE MY08
Audio Controls for Bluetooth as mentioned
The main power windows have a divider to stop using one finger to lower and raise two windows at the same time.
(Note: This is the Berlina model, others may have less or more changes)

There are probably a few other things too but thats all I can think of atm. As for the bluetooth, I will ask the dealer about it on the first service and see what they say about it.

I like the change to the white digital display, but also noticed that the light in the side on the console was missing.

In my previous VE I fitted my own microphone just forward and above the drivers window by running a cable behind the front pillar, the new Sportwagon has an airbag behind the pillar and i wonder if I can still get my cable behind it. (I need to use 2 bluetooth phones at same time and fitted a second carkit)

Last edited:

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Yeah they have air bags there now, I personally wouldn't try it. Don't like touching air bags.