Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bluetooth Handsfree in the VE

Grumb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS sportswagon
Just replaced my VE sedan with a new Sportwagen which came with Bluetooth as standard.

I noticed that when I paired my phone it now says the BT is V2.

Also the audio control of speakers, fader, balance, Bass, treble etc are no longer available during a call.

It seems that it is now preset to use the drivers door speaker only, does anyone know if that is correct?

But the quality of call with this version is great compared to the V1 model.

My brand new SS Sportswagon has the same V2 bluetooth where you can't access the fader and balance but the calls definitely come through all speakers. The quality at the other end is apparently very poor (echoes and faint) but nothing you can do to fix it.
My old VZ car kit wasn't brilliant but not like this load of rubbish.
Any one else have problems or better yet some way to fix it? Off to the dealer in a few days time.

Peter Bambara

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Bluetooth and the Apple iPhone 3GS

I have just got an Apple iPhone and some of the functionality of the Bluetooth set up in the VE Calais doesn't work.

It does not auto-answer, but I understand that this is a deficiency in the iPhone and not a Bluetooth problem as such - no big deal to press the phone button on the steering wheel to answer.

However, the iPhone does have voice activated dialling but pressing the phone button on the Calais steering wheel does not activate voice dialling.

Does anyone have a suggestion or solution to this?

Thanks

Peter

Rodeo058

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega 9C1
Yeah I'm thinking of doing same for my VE Omega . Dealer said they will install for $450-$500 as well . I think they remove the radio CD unit and install a Bluetooth Interface at the rear of it I think ?? As you said the mic & steering wheel button are already in place. I hope it's worth it too as some people have complained about VE Bluetooth's operation in regard to reception ?? Might be worth checking out first before we both shell out the $500 bucks.

ink

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I feel so old.
Phones and cars never mix.
I pull over and stop.
My fones not compat anyhoo

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Yeah I'm thinking of doing same for my VE Omega . Dealer said they will install for $450-$500 as well . I think they remove the radio CD unit and install a Bluetooth Interface at the rear of it I think ?? As you said the mic & steering wheel button are already in place. I hope it's worth it too as some people have complained about VE Bluetooth's operation in regard to reception ?? Might be worth checking out first before we both shell out the $500 bucks.

They don't touch the stereo. Me and my dad installed this ourselves and it is really easy. You take out the glovebox, mount the bluetooth module, there is a plug there the you plug the module into (short extension loom comes with it) then you run the microphone up the pillar along the roof and into the interior light. It takes about 30mins if you know what your doing and probably at most half a day if it's the first time you've pulled one apart.

stu-k

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS AFM
They all seem different my 09 ss works great where as my 07 hilux is junk where as other people say theirs works good. What is it with bluetooth, you would think they would be the same in a model range?????

hqharris

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv ute
I have just paired a Nokia E51 to the Bluetooth in my VE SSV Ute and everybody I talk to complains that they cannot hear me properly because I sound like I am under water! I can hear them very clearly. Anybody got any suggestions please

wizeabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I have just paired a Nokia E51 to the Bluetooth in my VE SSV Ute and everybody I talk to complains that they cannot hear me properly because I sound like I am under water! I can hear them very clearly. Anybody got any suggestions please

It's possibly because of the feedback from your ute's speakers, call someone as a test and during the call go into the audio settings. While talking on the phone you will only be changing the settings for the phone and nothing else. Set the output only to the one speaker and lower the treble, just play around with the settings till it sounds better. These settings come back everytime you talk on the phone, so don't worry if they change once you hang up.

Did this to mine and it sounds a lot better.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Unfortunately though newer models don't have this option. Although I think they are limited to front speakers only though, sounds like it anyway.

V8s and beer

Everything else is trivia
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 R8 Clubsport LSA Tourer #0035
Thats dead right. My SSV 09 does not have those as options in the menu's.