Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BMW Center bearing compatibility With WL

Aalbloshi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore WL / Caprice 2005 SS
Maybe replace the whole tailshaft.

Any weird vibrations when driving it? Any obvious marks where it might have been hit by something?
Nope, the Whole Tail shaft Looks good, I’ll give it a go Might Solve the issue, went to the Mechanic shop He Carefully Analyzed the Shaft And found no flaws in it. He Said He have A fairly new Shaft Laying around And he’ll Replace it for free Even if the same thing occurs then something is wrong idk what is it

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
If the whole assembly looks good than maybe the centre bearing is been installed the wrong way. The housing is offset. Get it wrong and it would put a lot of stress on that centre hanger bearing bush.

Aalbloshi

Reaction score
Members Ride
This. You can't tell an unbalanced wheel from looking at it, even if it rattles your teeth. You have no hope on a prop shaft
So basically The Shaft Turned out to be Good, the mechanic Replaced the shaft Support with the genuine one, And I’ve been driving the car for 5 days No Vibration and All seems good now will give u more Update next week

Aalbloshi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Are you sure the problem is the drive shaft centre bearing. Sounds more like a missing centering bush in the yoke is causing the rubber dohnut coupling to flog out in short order. My mechanic told me the rubber dohnut coupling is the same as used on BMW. I have never heard of the Holden driveshaft centre bearing being the same as a BMW unit.
Hey brother, Do u know which BMW coupling is Compatible with the WL?

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Sorry no, my mechanic only said the rubber doughnut coupling on my VZ 1 Tonner is the same as those used by BMW. Didn't state specific models and I didn't ask.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
If you go back to post nine, there’s a link that lays that out for you.

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
Question, as a former parts interpreter, If the Holden and BMW use the same part, I can't understand why you would you want to buy the one that has 5x the markup rather than buying one from an OEM supplier like mackay?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Maybe because where the OP is located BMW parts are easier to source than Holden/GM?