Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BMW rims to Commodore

mart154

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I was led to believe that the stud pattern is the same and they fit fine BUT they don't sit on the hub correctly and can cause damage in the long term. Would like to have a definitive answer also!

Most of the beemer rims are with a 72.6 mm centre hole, e39 and x5 are with 74.1mm

Dunno about holden tho. :)

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
yes they do i have a set of M3 rims and Bmw interceptors on my vs and they fit fine . The best thing is the ceptors are like 16x7.5 or something lol

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
Yeh the ceptors I have are 16x7.5, can't wait to put some big rubber on em :D

v8vlwags

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl wagon
ive got a set of 18's on my vx wagon and they just sit out a touch more,slightly different offset

micky141291

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt belina s2
Ive got a 1993 540i bmw tryed to put my vt mags on it but the stud pattern didn't line up is there any other rims that would fit it

H

harrop.senator

I have 94 535is bbs wheels on my mrs vu ute and e92 bbs-esque wheels on my vr. Can assure you stud patterns the same the hub ring is smaller on a holden then a bmw so it may be catching on the seat to not go on correctly.

WHCapriceHBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX
BMW stud patterns are 5x120.
Holden stud patterns are 5x120

So of course they will fit on the studs.
This info is available with a quick google.

What you may find different (and it varies between each model of BMW and Holden) is the centrebore diameter. Some BMW wheels may need the centrebores opened up to go on the Holden. Other BMW wheels may require a centrebore ring to sit the wheel concentrically on the Holden hub. You will need to check each BMW set of wheels and Holden centrebore spigot but this is very very basic, fundamental stuff you should be doing on any car/new wheels combo anyways.

Offset should be checked and test fitted on a car-by-car basis, as all you "people" that run these SSL and SSSSSL and SL and all that junk, will find the lower the car, the closer the guard will run to the tire sidewall, and the overall width of the rim plays a part as well as purely the offset. If you don't know how to work out offset (say an ET35 BMW wheel) its simple to learn the terms as there is a lot of info available.

But in general, yes the stud patterns are the same.
I used to own a 2001 BMW E39 M5 before I got rid of it for my Caprice.