Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BMW seats

Lacksballs

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
VK Group C Replica, 1995 VR Sedan
For the rear headrests you need the brackets, pins, inserts & a pair of rear headrests (guys know the value of these now, so be prepared to pay dearly).

It's then just a matter of marking the brackets out on the rear panel & welding them on, re-fit the upper rear seat, mark out the point the holes need to be made to fit the plastic inserts through the top of the seat squab & these hold the headrests into the brackets (that have just been welding on), the "C" clip stops the head rest from being pulled out.

VK rear headrest kit.jpg

Unknown.jpg

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
VN to VS seats bolt into VC commodores...The outer front mounting point on the rails, needs to be folded back 180 degrees, with a gap to fit the bolt through....You need the VN to VS allen key bolts for 3 of the mounting points because the original bolts are too short to use...The 4th bolt, you'll need the original VC one, so it goes into the section you have just folded back on itself.

The VN to VS seat belt clip even works with the VC seat belt...From memory, unbolting the rail from the VN to VS seats, was a pain in the ass...I had VN seats in my VC, then I changed to VS seats, for a little more comfort

Last edited:

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
For the rear headrests you need the brackets, pins, inserts & a pair of rear headrests (guys know the value of these now, so be prepared to pay dearly).

It's then just a matter of marking the brackets out on the rear panel & welding them on, re-fit the upper rear seat, mark out the point the holes need to be made to fit the plastic inserts through the top of the seat squab & these hold the headrests into the brackets (that have just been welding on), the "C" clip stops the head rest from being pulled out.

View attachment 199350

View attachment 199348

That's awesome info thanks mate! Not concerned about headrest cost, if possible and if it looks OK I will use BMW head rests to match the front

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
VN to VS seats bolt into VC commodores...The outer front mounting point on the rails, needs to be folded back 180 degrees, with a gap to fit the bolt through....You need the VN to VS allen key bolts for 3 of the mounting points because the original bolts are too short to use...The 4th bolt, you'll need the original VC one, so it goes into the section you have just folded back on itself.

The VN to VS seat belt clip even works with the VC seat belt...From memory, unbolting the rail from the VN to VS seats, was a pain in the ass...I had VN seats in my VC, then I changed to VS seats, for a little more comfort
Also great info thanks champ!

Lacksballs

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
VK Group C Replica, 1995 VR Sedan
That's awesome info thanks mate! Not concerned about headrest cost, if possible and if it looks OK I will use BMW head rests to match the front

It's not the VH-VK-VL headrests that are expensive it is the brackets & plastic posts as they have cut them out of the rear panel.... rear seat headrests where normally from a high spec car ie Calais/HDT or dealer build so not plentiful!

If you look at the rear of the upper rear seat back you will see in the foam the area that the posts of the headrests locate, try the BMW ones it may pay to get their OE brackets & pins!

Last edited:

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Most vs caprices have those head rest brackets spot welded onto the body. Need to drill out about 15 spot welds on each to remove, but I think you’d be able to make it work - possible welding needed. When I fitted the brackets to the statesman I just used hi tensile bolts and panel washers.

As for elec seats, I’d be looking for some from a vs caprice also. Wiring is very simple and I don’t think it’d be hard to get them to fit.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Sorry for the thread hi-jack, but what other model commodores, pre VT have electric seats?