Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake pads that are not too dusty ?

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
How are you driving about and getting dust?? Do you 'pulse brake' or leave your foot on??
I have driven 7,000km so far and the dust I can see on the wheels is from roadside verges and gravel roads. Brake dust... I have never seen it, on my old VZ or this VF. I have Bendix Premiums F&R on the VF -- coincidentally the same as what was on the VZ (virtually no dust and extra long life).

Strattos

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SS
I've had a good run with the DBA Street Performance line of pads. Comparatively minimal brake dust and no squeal.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
How are you driving about and getting dust?? Do you 'pulse brake' or leave your foot on??
I have driven 7,000km so far and the dust I can see on the wheels is from roadside verges and gravel roads. Brake dust... I have never seen it, on my old VZ or this VF. I have Bendix Premiums F&R on the VF -- coincidentally the same as what was on the VZ (virtually no dust and extra long life).
You haven't tried Remsa have you?
Where do you buy the Bendix premium? Are they the pads they sell at Super cheap?

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
You haven't tried Remsa have you?
Where do you buy the Bendix premium? Are they the pads they sell at Super cheap?

No, never heard of Remsa.
The present Bendix Premiums would have been put on by the previous owners/service people of my VF. They have the same pad markings that tweaked me to identifying them as Premiums back in November.
The pads on the old VZ were put on by a tyre dealer/fitter, along with new rotors and wheel alignment at the time, can't recall when now, but about 1.5 years ago now.

I rarely go into Supercheap, though it, like Repco, is packed to the rafters with toys. Went in a fortnight back looking for a spanner, but forgot just what size I needed (for my mountain bike, not the car). So many distractions!!

Last edited: