Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake upgrade for SS

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Hi guys do you know if the rears were upgraded im trying to avoid measuring and taking out brakes, front I know are I had them done. Rear rotor is 324mm but wanting pads from dba they said there are police one and none. part numbers are

DB2267SP no police and​

DB2260SP police​

DB2260 are rear brembo pads. DB2267 are normal rear caliper pads. I dont think there were rear police upgrades.
[Edit thanks to NJD-1992]
Front standard brake rotor size is 321
Police is 345
Brembo is 355

Rears standard is 324
Brembo is 360.

As far as I'm aware they are all the factory v8 sizes.

Last edited:

EricSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Sedan Man
If you are referring to a VF SS standard brakes, I ordered orange XP
DB2266XP FRONT
DB2267XP REAR
They are great!!

Your profile has VT ?

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
DB2260 are rear brembo pads. DB2267 are normal rear caliper pads. I dont think there were rear police upgrades. I think you are confused with front and rear.
Front standard brake rotor size is 324
Police is 345
Brembo is 355

Rears standard is 321
Brembo is 360.

As far as I'm aware they are all the factory v8 sizes.

Other way round for standards

Front 321mm, Rear 324mm

Just finished an SS upgrade on my SV6, Bendix Ultimate rotors and just standard pads. Rebuild the calipers with OEM seals and new hoses, excellent feel to them. Glad I went with colour matching Prussian Steel

IMG_6789.jpg
IMG_6790.jpg

EricSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Sedan Man

Front 321mm, Rear 324mm

Just finished an SS upgrade on my SV6, Bendix Ultimate rotors and just standard pads. Rebuild the calipers with OEM seals and new hoses, excellent feel to them. Glad I went with colour matching Prussian Steel

View attachment 260567 View attachment 260568
Try some DBA orange XP next time :)

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon

Front 321mm, Rear 324mm

View attachment 260567 View attachment 260568
Thanks, I swapped them around woops!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Hi guys do you know if the rears were upgraded im trying to avoid measuring and taking out brakes, front I know are I had them done. Rear rotor is 324mm but wanting pads from dba they said there are police one and none. part numbers are

DB2267SP no police and​

DB2260SP police​

The police vs no police is incorrect according to posts above this.

What car are you getting these pads for?
VF? VF2?
Redline, or other V8?
Do the brake calipers themselves have BREMBO stickers on them, what colour are the calipers (silver or red or ...)?

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
The police vs no police is incorrect according to posts above this.

What car are you getting these pads for?
VF? VF2?
Redline, or other V8?
Do the brake calipers themselves have BREMBO stickers on them, what colour are the calipers (silver or red or ...)?
He doesn't have brembos if he has a 324mm rotor.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Just finished an SS upgrade on my SV6, Bendix Ultimate rotors and just standard pads. Rebuild the calipers with OEM seals and new hoses, excellent feel to them.
The V8 brake upgrade on a V6 is a ripper mod well beyond expectations in braking feel for a moderate rotor diameter increase.

Speaking of pad types, I don't know why VE rear pads are DB1766 when the VF calipers and rotors are identical.

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
The V8 brake upgrade on a V6 is a ripper mod well beyond expectations in braking feel for a moderate rotor diameter increase.

Speaking of pad types, I don't know why VE rear pads are DB1766 when the VF calipers and rotors are identical.
I have compared the two (DBA Green)
The DB2267 had a squeal clip (dont know what you call them - wear indicator?) whereas the DB1766 did not
The DB2267 was 1mm thicker (or so I can't remember) - too hard to tell if there was more pad material or not

Pazzu

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SS Thunder 2017 VF S2 SS
I have T3s with XP pads all round. Upgraded to stainless steel braided lines, reconditioned the sliding pins, and the brake feel is great. Makes me reconsidering a brembo upgrade.

DB 1766 and DB 2267 are the same dimension for height and length, i.e. they are interchangeable for calipers.

2267 has the squealer attached(or whatever its call where it makes a screeching noise for when the pads are about to wear out)

spec sheet shows that the 2267 is 2mm higher at 17mm opposed to the 15mm, not sure if that is because there is more pad material or to factor in the height of the squealer. Methinks the latter.

Does anyone know whether Australian police forces got this "police brake setup"?
Given that before VF2 it was a US-targeted product for Caprices.

The reason for me saying that was, as well as being curious to know, if the answer is "no they just had SV6 or SS brakes" then the Aus police spec pads would fit a non-factory-brake-upgrade SS or SV6.
My VF2 is an ex police from Melbourne and has the single piston mando front caliper with 345mm rotors.