Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brand of radiator

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Personally I wouldnt bother with the water pump, it's so easy to get to that when it fails it's a simple swap!

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
Personally I wouldnt bother with the water pump, it's so easy to get to that when it fails it's a simple swap!
Was more peace of mind, and time saving.

I dont do any of the work myself, so being without a car / finding a mechanic etc every time something fails, it just made sense to overhaul the whole cooling system.

I’m doing the same with suspension and brakes.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Was more peace of mind, and time saving.

I dont do any of the work myself, so being without a car / finding a mechanic etc every time something fails, it just made sense to overhaul the whole cooling system.

I’m doing the same with suspension and brakes.

you can pretty much guarantee that if you had left the old water pump in that 2 weeks after the radiator/pipes change that the dreaded squeak of death would have started lol and now you have changed the water pump the idler pulley bearing will go now

Last edited:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I also did heater hoses, crosover hose, and overflow tank house in addition to radiator hoses. I stopped there as I could have just kept going :)

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I also did heater hoses, crosover hose, and overflow tank house in addition to radiator hoses. I stopped there as I could have just kept going :)

Good thing you stopped, that lot almost needs an Engineer's Certification.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
supply only
So if my $300 Adrad radiator is anything to go by the OEM one needs to last more than twice as long just to break even on cost.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
So if my $300 Adrad radiator is anything to go by the OEM one needs to last more than twice as long just to break even on cost.
One of the Adrad bosses used to race cars and wasn't a bad driver either. It was amusing that his Adrad signed race car ran a PWR radiator!!