Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Breaking into my VT (PM)

NV-MY-VT

Sleeper Builder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2000 Olympic Edition
Thanks for all the... err... Interesting responses guys...

It's as simple as this. I opened my house, went inside, got my stuff to clean my car, opened my boot to get my tool box out, shut the boot and washed my car. THEN realised the keys were in the boot, and I must have pressed the lock button as I opened the boot, or something.

The car was bought second hand, and I DO have a spare key, however, I leave that with a mate who lives near where I work, that way, if I DO lock myself out of my car, he's never too far away from me so he can bring the key around.

That mate, the EXACT mate who has my spare key, was playing a gig at the Espy in St. Kilda, and I had to go watch him play. So you see my dilemma.

Luckily, he had left the spare key at home and his mum was kind enough to arrange for it to be dropped off to my house.

How good are your mates mums ehhh!? ;)

R

rjvx

bugger this didnt help lol this is the second time ive done this lol i really didnt want to have to spend the money on a locksmith i saw him do it but i just dont think i have the tools to do it myself

DavoVP

Reaction score
Ive been there mate, I paid $160 at 1am on a Thursday night just to watch some guy shove an inflatable bag in my door and go at the the boot release with a bit of wire.

Unfortunately I needed to car for work at 7am and all of my gear was in it ! and I really could be ####ed replacing a window and cleaning all of the glass up.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
If it's a VT S1 and it hasn't had the dual screw fix then popping out your rear door quarter is as easy as (flat-head and rag). Was all the rage with the vandals on release, up til around 2000 when Holdens 'fix' was to put a second screw in :)

VTEquiped

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Equipe
Open VT

Very simple and easy though I wont explain it here. Tools needed are 1 fondue fork pm me for more instructions if needed

Hi mate. I just found this thread after locking my only key in the boot of my VT by accident. Can you explain how to open it with a fondue fork? It's parked in a ticketed bay as well. Damn...

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
First things first, this thread is how old, doubt these mbrs are still active, secondly no one here will tell you how to break into a car.
Best thing i can suggest is to ring your local break down service or locksmith and have them do it