Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brembo NAO ceramic pads

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
I've got these for the four corners
DBA4000XS

Attachments

• images (2).jpeg
    images (2).jpeg
    45.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
Hands up who wants to be a legend and tell me how much of the top and how much of the bottom, your brembo pads don't sweep the front and rear rotors. An approximate mm would be nice.
I know it will be dependant on the brand/model/ of the actual pad as well as the machined size of the rotor face as well, but the measurement will give me a good ballpark.

I want to paint my new rotors black where the pad doesn't sweep as it rusts over time and looks crappy.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Hands up who wants to be a legend and tell me how much of the top and how much of the bottom, your brembo pads don't sweep the front and rear rotors. An approximate mm would be nice.
I know it will be dependant on the brand/model/ of the actual pad as well as the machined size of the rotor face as well, but the measurement will give me a good ballpark.

I want to paint my new rotors black where the pad doesn't sweep as it rusts over time and looks crappy.

I’ve done the opposite! The DBA rotors have a fairly wide ‘over spray’ on the inner part of the contact area of the rotors, so I’ve been scraping it off so it doesn’t contaminate the brake pads. Also, I found the inner vents on the rear rotors weren’t painted well at all, so I resprayed those.

IMG_2764.jpeg

Last edited:

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
I’ve done the opposite! The DBA rotors have a fairly wide ‘over spray’ on the inner part of the contact area of the rotors, so I’ve been scraping it off so it doesn’t contaminate the brake pads. Also, I found the inner vents on the rear rotors weren’t paint well at all, so I resprayed those.

View attachment 266222
I use dbas too but I didnt have any overspray.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I use dbas too but I didnt have any overspray.

It’s been a while since I painted them, so my recollection maybe be inaccurate, but I think the fronts rotors were fine (no over spray) but the rears were as shown in the picture previously. I recall I thought about returning them as I knew they could do them right (as they had done the fronts right), but I thought it was too much over spray.

The bit that is hard to see in that photo (but can be seen if looking carefully), is that the paint in the vents was quite thin. So I masked off the pad contact area and repainted the vent area.