Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brembo NAO ceramic pads

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
It’s been a while since I painted them, so my recollection maybe be inaccurate, but I think the fronts rotors were fine (no over spray) but the rears were as shown in the picture previously. I recall I thought about returning them as I knew they could do them right (as they had done the fronts right), but I thought it was too much over spray.

The bit that is hard to see in that photo (but can be seen if looking carefully), is that the paint in the vents was quite thin. So I masked off the pad contact area and repainted the vent area.
Front and rears on mine, no overspray.
But interestingly, the vents had no paint at all. I did what you did and painted them, and dont know if this should be done or not, but used old pads around the block to remove my own overspray.
However, 2 years and 10k kms later and the paint in & on the vents has come off - you can see rust forming if it's left out in the rain overnight, for example.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Wow! There are a lot of members with a set of spare rotors! :)
Full set of rotors, EBC Red Stuff pads and Superpro urethane strut tops ready to install.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Why my disc's have developed a bit of rust on the inner and outer parts have me a bit stumped, i had a look and the pads definitely cover the disc fully down to the inner edge of the disc and covers that rust, i can't see enough of the top to see if the pad has contacted fully the outside of the disc but i imagine it does. I can only conclude that the old pads wore slightly more on the inner and outer parts of the face of the disc or these pads are a bit prouder in the center and when these pads seat in a bit the rust will disappear.

Last edited:

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
I’ve done the opposite! The DBA rotors have a fairly wide ‘over spray’ on the inner part of the contact area of the rotors, so I’ve been scraping it off so it doesn’t contaminate the brake pads. Also, I found the inner vents on the rear rotors weren’t paint well at all, so I resprayed those.

View attachment 266222
I thought I would go and check mine after reading your post as I haven't looked at them for a while, and see how much I had if any. And wow wee did I have a Poo load on rhe front ones. No so much on the rear and neither front or rear set of vents painted. Might just do the top edge. It's been a work in progress this brake swap. Found the docket for the rotors dated 2020.

Attachments

• 20240402_165833.jpg
    20240402_165833.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 20240402_165731.jpg
    20240402_165731.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 20240402_165635.jpg
    20240402_165635.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 31

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
Wow! There are a lot of members with a set of spare rotors! :)
I've got T2 on there now standard size which will be replaced by the redline brakes shortly. When I took off the stock discs, I couldn't give them away. So to the recycling they went. And prob no point holding onto the T2s either once they get replaced.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I've got T2 on there now standard size which will be replaced by the redline brakes shortly. When I took off the stock discs, I couldn't give them away. So to the recycling they went. And prob no point holding onto the T2s either once they get replaced.
I have a large stack of dead rotors piled up at the back of the workshop waiting for a visit from the local scrap metal recycling business.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I have a large stack of dead rotors piled up at the back of the workshop waiting for a visit from the local scrap metal recycling business.

I remember years ago, I had a set of brake rotors to get rid of. Unfortunately, the local council explicitly said they wouldn’t collect ‘car parts’ in the hard rubbish collection. Bugger, I didn’t know what to do. Anyway, I put out the hard rubbish that I had - including an old mower with an alloy chassis. Anyway, before I had everything out , an old fellow in a ute stopped and was picking up any metal. I gave him a hand putting the mower on his ute. I had a chat to him and asked if he was interested in old brake rotors. He was absolutely happy to take them!. Win-win! :)