Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Budget of $10-$13000 commodore/Would u buy a Melbourne car

Frog201

Reaction score
hi all

I looking at buying a car for around $12000 mark since i live in country nsw/vic border there's not much around
been looking on carsales.com.au the difference between country prices and Melbourne prices is huge.

plus I think on the internet is like 2% of cars for sale anyway

Is it a good idea to get a city car??

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Country kms are better then city kms. But in saying that, if you find a car that you like for the right price in the city, then go for it. If you find one in the country for the right price then get that.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
for 12K you should be able to get any model commodore including series 1 VE V6.
People from the city try to buy country cars because of the belief they have done highway k's. County folk like city cars cos they are cheaper.............
Check out some car yards, some private sales city and country and you'll soon work out whats best for you. Condition of the car is always the best way to judge them along with the service record.
Its very hard to polish a turd ie a car thats been thrashed usually stands out a mile away

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
about 10K will get you a 06-07 ve with 160+ks i would go for that.!

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
Country Ks are a lot less stress on a car then the stop start stop start etc in the city so don't compare them on KMs directly.

I know what you mean about cost and availability in the country. I was stuck and needed a car. Found exactly what I wanted local on Gumtree. Possibly overpaid and it had a few KMs but it was local and they're all country Ks. So far it's faultless.

There's heaps of cheap cars on local Facebook 'Sales' Groups. Downside is they're usually being sold by people with no idea. EG: "Car for Sale". details might be ????

EDIT: Sorry didn't notice previous post was dredging from 2012.

Last edited:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
According to me also, if you find a country car that you
like for the right price in the city, then go for it but i think country kms are better then city kms.

For Petes sake mate, will you bury that bloody shovel and stop retrieving old dead and buried threads?

You're welcome on the forum but have a look at the dates of the last posts on a thread before you put in your two bob's worth.