Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Build sheets under carpet

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
I took a trip to U-Pullit today but didn't get a chance to look in vt/vx commo's... Only ended up getting what I needed + 1 useable build sheet from a 95 VS Exec... and going back to post #221 the A8Z code is included on this sheet also... I suspect that it may mean Series 1.... I have been unable to get any Series 2 or 3 build sheets to check.. was annoyed the 3 other sheets I got I could not salvage...

Out of all the VS sheets I have, nearly all Series 1 (the exception, a Berlina) have A8Z while all of the Series 2s have A9W.

Ozzyjim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Out of all the VS sheets I have, nearly all Series 1 (the exception, a Berlina) have A8Z while all of the Series 2s have A9W.

What is the build date listed on the sheet?? I shouldn't think it would be an oversight, tho my folks VT Olympic only has 2 badges that were fitted by the factory (the lion on the hood and boot), the rest were "forgotton"...

Alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VT SS
Anyone have a build sheet from a VT or VX? Or know where they are located in the cars?

I'm more then happy to post up mine from my VT SS but not keen on pulling the whole car apart until i know exactly where it should be :) Im searching for my one in the VN tomorrow :D

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Im off to the wreckers in about 10 min i will have a look in a few vt cars to see where or if..let ya know later

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
What is the build date listed on the sheet?? I shouldn't think it would be an oversight, tho my folks VT Olympic only has 2 badges that were fitted by the factory (the lion on the hood and boot), the rest were "forgotton"...

Build date on the Berlina sheet is 12/07/1995, the next VS Berlina I have is 13/11/1995 which has A8Z. Very interesting!

On the another hand, could be a code missing? I have no idea who or how the sheets are print; ei: does someone enter the data in manually?

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
went to pick a part and looked under the carpet in the front of a few VT and nothing, nothing under the back carpet either.. Didnt wanna go spending hours stripping cars for parts i dont need..

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
went to pick a part and looked under the carpet in the front of a few VT and nothing, nothing under the back carpet either.. Didnt wanna go spending hours stripping cars for parts i dont need..

Hmm - I've seen a few VT's and VX's stripped down but never seen a build sheet as yet. It's looking like they are not left in the car like the earlier cars :(

Cheers for having a look tho

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
i stripped the vt s pack and found one but cant remember exactly where i found it.... i can take a pic of it, still in the garage...

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Next time I go (prob Friday) I will have a look in a wagon in the back.. If I find 1 I will pick it up

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
Remember i said i had a vt one here it is:
SAM_7344.jpg

It came from under the rear seat i found it at pick and payless wreckers :)