Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Building a sub box

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Well I guess yes you would.... But I certainly wouldn't be doing it. Because their frequency responses would be all over the place they would always be playing at different levels. Then, their impedance would be changing at different times (they are only 4ohms when doing nothing) which means that one sub might really be struggling at a low impedance and so it will draw a large amount of power but that also means that the other sub is going to get the same amount of power but it might be playing efficiently and have high impedance but suddenly have a large amount of power to dissipate.

In general, nice idea but just really doesn't work.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Yes and no... The subs will still perform differently. Some tones will blow your head through the window and some will be quite... The peaks and troughs in the frequency response will be too many. End of the day, its upto you but never have and never would.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
You can't run one vented and one sealed, you will hear the loudest one only.

A sub covers the same range, under the crossover point of your full range speakers, let' say 100hz for arguments sake. So you sub will play everything below that, and will roll off at the lowest fq it can play, which will be determined by the type and size of the enclsoure, and the amount of power you have available.

Have you got the drivers yet i'm a little confused ? They just sent you something different to what you ordered?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Yes, the soundstreams were outing stock so he accepted a pair of rf p1's instead.

seq4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Just got the P1s this morning, however with this rain it will be a long time before i start building the enclosers. This is only because i need to hose out the boot from tranny fluid, find where the boot is leaking and bring home some MDF. Bloody weather. Ill be going with a sealed box also, possibly 2 sealed ones as i want them on either side with the amp in the middle. Just doing your basic cover the hump in the boot install, nothing fancy.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Sweet... Those things don't need big boxes either so will be relatively easy!