Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bush bashers

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
wish i had some pics of my old parts datto. spun adn hit a tree.... backwards.... pretyy fast. bent it bad enough to dent the fuel tank (which is under the parcel shelf in the old stanzas) adn actually had to use the tractor to pull it off the tree cos it kindof acted like claws around the tree. ahhh the old days... makes me want another basher.

ps the datto still drove as good as ever after that. sold it with my good datto a bit later.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Best advice I can give look at a speedway stock car

Get rid of all glass, strip out door trims etc mirrors, wiper assembly, grill, taillights, headlights if your not running of a night etc

Weld braces from the strut towers to the centre of the radiator support. Also weld in a sump guard.

cheers
Scott

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
CommodoreChick said:
Bush basher's are great, my friend has a farm (near gundi) and shes got a few old bashing utes, its awesome... its just sad when they're cars like commies and toranas, what a waste
Bellow it my bush basher :yeah: aha, nah just something another bored mate decided to put together...

Lmao, fulli sik ride. :p Yeah, we have an old Land-Rover as our bush basher...sadly though it has no brakes and obviously isn't very aerodynamic, which sucks because there's some stuff that i wanna try with a bush basher that's a bit more aerodynamic and has working brakes. :p

And yes, it is sad when you see a bush basher that's a decent car such as a Commie or Torana. :(

soulyouth

Space Docker
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sold for scrap :(
hahahah this is the best Basher I think

hahaha this is my mates he has another 3 of them and we race em around his farm, he uses them at Parra speed way LOL

Attachments

• DSCF0993.jpg
    DSCF0993.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 1,012

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
i cant imagine thats a very aerodynamic car ...... lol

it looks more like a golf ball

VY03

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Acclaim
being practicing today and for some reason when I went over small jump on the bush track the diff somehow smashed on a rock jutting up
busted a small hole on the botttom but welded it up and good as new :rofl:

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
soulyouth said:
hahaha this is my mates he has another 3 of them and we race em around his farm, he uses them at Parra speed way LOL

lmao, what sort of car was that? :p Looks kinda like a demented HQ -> HZ Kingswood. :p

vyssls1

sw only EFILIVE Tuner
Reaction score
Website
www.gmperformancecentre.com
Members Ride
310 rwkw Cam VY SS M6 , EFI LIVE Tuner
:whistling Funny that Italian Stallion ,I have not seen the ute yet.

:b:

Last edited:

stock_vl

wh internationals?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl calais 3.0L
hmm.... yeh had afew bush bashers already.... aghh... one me n my mate brought out woop woop for $50 and it had been shot with a shot gun so it went threw both drivers doors "mums taxi" was written on the side and "69" on the roof.... drove that about 40kilometeres home and stop at a near by forest gave it a flogging and ended up having to put river water in radiator... it died as we rolled over the train tracks into town.. was quite funny... good day. got our moneys worth i say..

oooh good fun trick for all bushbashers!!!
take out ALL SPRINGS!! =)

they look *WICK* lol..... drop em on there guts and make sure the hand break works... and u have a crazi enuff passenger who is keen to pull it on at anytime....

=) enjoy and dont die.... lol

VY03

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Acclaim
vyss1s1 you got me as I know who you are but even you did bush bashing when your were my age and other two :my:

Pitty that darchy got the rid the sigma as you could have taught me bush bashing someday :p