Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buying Interstate

RockaRolla

Reaction score
Members Ride
ham and eggs
Hi all, this is my first post so go easy...

So i'm looking at a VE SV6 ute, and have my eye on one in VIC, but i'm from NSW. Are there any complications buying interstate i should know about, other then needing to get it registered for NSW? would it be better to just look harder for a deal in sydney or something?

appreciate any feedback, thanks

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
gotta spend a few hundred getting rego transfered to NSW...

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
No such thing as an interstate transfer.

Basically you have to cancel Vic rego and get all the relevant slips in NSW. No complications at all though. It can even be a good excuse for a roadtrip.

The only problems come in the inspection. When I go car shopping there are plenty of cars I see and think "no way in hell", I'd be pretty cut if I drove 8 hours to see a car that turned out to be rubbish.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
It's fairly easy. I bought my VQ from Sydney when I was living in Brisbane. You get it regitered from scratch again, but I surrendered my NSW rego for the car and got a couple of hundred back.

Just get somebody to check it out for you first :)

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Its pretty simple. The only thing you need (in Victoria atleast) is to go down to the Licensing place and cancel the current rego, show them the sale receipt, give them a roadworthy certificate pay the stamp duty and away you go. Its pretty much exactly the same as transferring a car into your name - you just have to pay for new license plates.