Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calling all VE SS Manual owners low rev range problem

oscarmanalpha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS wagon 6 man
I'm going to get the car checked over at Marranos and then get the OTR and mafless tune done on the same day.

PM me tinsnips can meet some where and I can show you what the car does.

Not going to do the mafless straight away.

Cheers for the feed back.

gonnaenodathat

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 50th anniversary Manual FG XR6T
its news but not what you were after obviously but on the upside, it may be tuned out of it ? gives you an excuse to get it pumping out more ponies :D

Gorrell72

Reaction score
Members Ride
my09.5 SS
i just bought a 2009 ss with 28k on saturday and does the same exact thing you are talking about i noticed it within the first 10-20ks i thought it might of been the shitty fuel they filled it it up with.

put a full tank of 98ron in her and still the same so your saying that the holden mechanic said its normal and deminstrated it in other ss's ?

paynie

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss ute
Yeah, I have an 09 ute, anual. Mine used to do it as well. Then I got a Russo otr, pacemaker long headers high flow cats and x force 2.5 inch cat back. Then Maf tune problem gone. Something to do with the standard tune scavenging with fuel delivery tuner says.

Only problem is I had to turn the rear 02 sensors of because cats are in wrong spot oh well.

oscarmanalpha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS wagon 6 man
so your saying that the holden mechanic said its normal and deminstrated it in other ss's ?

Exactly right. And I have even managed to feel it in a tuned vehicle.

Going right back to before I purchased the car, part of the appeal was that it's not exactly the last word in refinement or engine technology.

To put it another way compared to other performance car engines I've driven it's a bit agricultural.

By the way in my owners manual it states for the SV6 manual transmission that 5th is the direct drive gear and sixth the over drive.

For the SS manual transmission it states that 4th is the direct drive and 5th and 6th are both over drives.

I now cruise around the suburbs in 4th.

Still gets the same 450 liters per tank 16.1 L/100 approx and avg of 36.something k's per hour /: .

Not saying I don't feel the issue anymore but I am learning to just ignore it.

As Holden has put it to me it's a design attribute they all do it.

As long as it's not a fault which I am now sure it isn't I'm happy.

Cheers

oscarmanalpha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS wagon 6 man

ChrisL98

NON DONATING MEMBER
Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
16.1 L/100 approx and avg of 36.something k's per hour

I'm consistently averaging 14.3 L/100 & about 42 k/ph. Although I don't pay for my fuel I'm pretty happy with that.

I have a similar issue with the surging, although mine seems to be on normal/hard acceleration going up through the gears (& not all the time).

oscarmanalpha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS wagon 6 man
I have a similar issue with the surging, although mine seems to be on normal/hard acceleration going up through the gears (& not all the time).

I have that as well.

Thanks for the feed back.

Cheers