Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can A Ve Radio Play Mp3

-SpydeR-

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
I didn't even know my calais could play mp3 until i stuck one in there to try it out, bonus! :)

Yea Calais and SSVs can play MP3s. I don't know if MP3 playback is limited to the Colour screen head units or do some of the screen-less head units play them as well?

Jonesee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute
My SV6 plays mp3... :) no colour screen

brokenikon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Maloo: 2008 VE SV6: 2004 VY II R8 Maloo
I'm updating the 6's head unit to an ssv one. I am curious though, for those of you with an iPod touch- do you have any neat brackets or mounts to hold it, or just chuck it in the centre console? It's not the most brilliant stereo set up, is it. :/

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I'm updating the 6's head unit to an ssv one. I am curious though, for those of you with an iPod touch- do you have any neat brackets or mounts to hold it, or just chuck it in the centre console? It's not the most brilliant stereo set up, is it. :/

You're right there - the input jack could easily have been located inside the centre console box - like on every other car on earth! But never mind - I actually run a cable from the input and tuck it straight under the trim on the driver's side so you can't see it, then thread it up through the back of the console box under the lid. It's fine on a ute, but would look like balls from the back seats of a sedan. The only part of the cable you can see is about a half a foot from the input jack to the edge of the trim.

The only mounting brackets I've seen around are the dodgy suction cup jobbies or the ones that clip into your air vents. No thanks.

-SpydeR-

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6

I'm currently in the process of doing the same thing. As I already bought the head unit and I have an iPhone 4, what I've come up with is getting an Genuine Apple Composite cable which will run from the RCA in cable adaptor behind the head unit, under the center console and in through a little hole in the bottom of the center console storage. Then I'll just run a slimline cigarette lighter charger from the socket in the center console to an iPhone dock in the center console storage.

Then in order to control the music without touching the phone, I'll modify the Apple universal dock that comes with an infrared remote so that the sensor is on the end of a 1 meter cable that runs under the center console and sits just under the head unit. That way I just open the center console storage, dock my iPhone and control it with the remote which allows me to adjust volume on the iPhone, play/pause and previous/next song. Also I'll still be able to control the head unit volume via the steering wheel controls.

The added bonus with this is that with a jailbroken iPhone/iPod Touch, you can see the iPod apps album art etc...

racka

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SS-V
The only mounting brackets I've seen around are the dodgy suction cup jobbies or the ones that clip into your air vents. No thanks.

Check out HoldMyPhone.com.au for the ClicOn mounts. You can have the phone mount to the dash, the console or at an angle next to the stereo, without drilling any holes or suction cups or anything **** like that. A little bit on the pricey side but a neat solution.