Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car accident/write off = (

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
Her insurance company will say it's a write off and tell you it was worth SFA. Did you have it insured yourself for an agreed value?
Remember her insurance company is liable for the damage she causes and that is irrespective of what they reckon your car is worth. I doubt they can legally write it off because you have no contract with them.
What have they offered you?

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
yeah they should have no right to write it off unless you agree to let them. you do not have a contract with them, so they either have to get the car repaired or offer you what the market value for the car is or what you have the car insured as worth with your insurance company. generally they will try to do whatever is going to cost them the least, so if the repair bills are going to end up costing more than the car is worth, they will offer you a cash settlement for the cars value and write it off. if you dont want them to write the car off you can refuse and demand they fix it. they might even then offer you a greater amount of money to have it written off which is still below the cost of what the repair bills would be. but again, you can still refuse and demand to have the car repaired. something to bear in mind though is if you get them to repair the car, its market value will no doubt drop markedly as it will now have an accident history.

lethal SENATOR 185i

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator 185i
That is a major big hit. No insurance company will fix it the damage is far too great, its going straight to the scrappers.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Lucky she hit you in the front corner, a couple of metres back and you wouldn't be here with us. Car come out relatively well considering the crash, shows how strong commodores are.

Make sure you claim ALL medical expenses on her CTP. If you get continual pain, sue her insurance, I know that sounds stupid and American, but you have to look after yourself. Claim for injury, loss of income, and future medical.

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
thanks alot for everyone supporting and giving advuce. I appreciate it very much and will consider all is said. Thank you all very much

Phoenix21

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VR Stato, 2003 VY SS, 2017 VF SV6
good to hear your alright mate and that really is a shame, look were all bound to have a smash sooner or later i just had a smash in my girlfriends car you can guess how she took that lol anyways look after your self mate