Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car is carrying on, running rough, etc.

Goolz96

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
Back again guys. VY Berlina V6. Just ticked over to 300,000km.
Car is still running fairly rough. If I accelerate gently it’s not too bad. But it I try to give it a bit, a rough vibration occurs. Carries on quite a bit when accelerating. And overall the car runs a bit sluggish while in 4th.

And car still misses when hitting 60km at 2500rpm. Jumps to about 3000-3500rpm. Mechanic seems to think its getting stuck in gear and/or jumping out of gear.

Any idea what it could be? Injectors? Fuel filter? Losing gears? Is the trans about to sh*t itself ?

bazagorokan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 CALAIS 2012, A6, 3.6
Back again guys. VY Berlina V6. Just ticked over to 300,000km.
Car is still running fairly rough. If I accelerate gently it’s not too bad. But it I try to give it a bit, a rough vibration occurs. Carries on quite a bit when accelerating. And overall the car runs a bit sluggish while in 4th.

And car still misses when hitting 60km at 2500rpm. Jumps to about 3000-3500rpm. Mechanic seems to think its getting stuck in gear and/or jumping out of gear.

Any idea what it could be? Injectors? Fuel filter? Losing gears? Is the trans about to sh*t itself ?
i say get a service on engine , spark plugs and leads , coils and dfi module , change fuel filter and air filter, clean MAF sensor with MAF cleaner spray can , put 2 bottles of injector cleaner in fuel tank , get mechanic to check throttle position sensor and clean IAC Assembly , maybe change engine oil and filter. then if engine runs ok but still accelerates jerkily with bad gear changes , then get transmission serviced . problem can be a combination of things . that mechanic you went to should have been able to give you an idea what was wrong . cheers mate.