Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Only starts while holding accelerator on? VX

kylo33710

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1995
yes it does. cleaning the IAC did help actually and it can start almost every time without accelerator (although it turns over really slow not like bwup bwup bwup bwup bwup more like bwuuuuuuuuup pause bwup bwup and then it starts. but i could only clean the iac to a certain point. do you suggest blasting it with some more TB cleaner or should i just buy a new one? the car is pretty driveable now anyway, i just feel the low idle could damage engine internals as it knocks and splutters every now and then.

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
yes it does. cleaning the IAC did help actually and it can start almost every time without accelerator (although it turns over really slow not like bwup bwup bwup bwup bwup more like bwuuuuuuuuup pause bwup bwup and then it starts. but i could only clean the iac to a certain point. do you suggest blasting it with some more TB cleaner or should i just buy a new one? the car is pretty driveable now anyway, i just feel the low idle could damage engine internals as it knocks and splutters every now and then.

IAC valves cost about $40 give or take $10. Wouldn't really damage the engine, but it must be pain in the backside if it stalls or stutters every now and then.