Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cars that have disappeared from our roads

Dougs.8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS 5.7
Most of the Toranas , Valiants , Falcons are so modified you'll find them mostly at drag strips

ToMMMaY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina S Pac SII L67 Turbo Project
cordia turbos... they where trolling the streets for the cheap price then they realised a n/a commy would rip there ass in half :D
lol

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I'm a sick bastard; I like them. (Too?). I have fond memories with mates thrashing parent owned versions when I was younger. Nothing does easier handbrake turns than a (FWD) Camira with it's VB-VL Commodore size drum brakes on the rear.

I must be really sick then. I've had four Camiras, one of every model and two JB's. Reaper is dead right with his description of the Camira. It handled brilliantly, was comfortable and roomy but was built like a crippled turd. Rough assembly, poor quality interior compenents (JB's were mainly European spec components and hated our summers, the same as early Commodores). I rebuilt two engines with re-ring kits and they were dead reliable, economical and just kept going and dead cheap to repair, especially from wreckers, because nobody wanted them or parts for them so they were always glad to sell anything they could to get rid of them. You could replace the clutch without having to remove the engine or transmission - they just came out from underneath. Dead simple. I love them but Reaper's description as "own goal" fits the bill perfectly.

And yes, they are getting rare these days. Rust will kill them - they suffered chronically from it in all sorts of serious structural locations.

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
i haven't seen a 180 sx in over 9 months

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
* MY early 80's Subaru Wagons
* Camira
* VC-VK Commodores
* Kingswoods
* Chrysler Sigma (Before they were mitsu's)
* Holden Nova (rebadged corolla)

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
yeah coronas! SV21 camrys are everywhere and i reckon they will be the next on the "dissappeared list". give it 3 years.

did someone already say gemini?

i see three of the bastards every day... in my shed :p