Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Caught Speeding, Whats Going To Happen Now?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I must be royalty. I had a visit from the cops to pick up my plastic and yell at me for a bit. Fair enough too in hindsight.
Haha I had to hand mine in to VicRoads.

wod300

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Berlina Supercharged 3.8
Mate , You need to study what your rights are. Nobody here seems to know. I got pulled over at gunpoint by the cops in an unmarked car.(An offence in itself) They alleged I was speeding and driving in a manner dangerous to the public. I had in fact been doing 188 km/hr in a 70 zone. He also tried to threaten me with a defect on the car. I walked away with no fines or defect and nothing to answer to. When you know how their system works , a little about law and your rights , then there is very little they can do to you. If you give a public servant jurisdiction over you , then all the statutes , acts and by laws they represent apply to you. Don't give them jurisdiction and don't contract with them. All that applies then is common law.
Unfortunately when you answered their questions and showed your drivers licence , you blew it. They can do whatever they want to you under the road traffic act or any other obscure law they care to. Wait and see what turns up in the mail.

You did 188 in a 70 zone and nothing happened?

I would really like you to elaborate on this. If this was in fact true, then nobody would get booked because everyone would be doing it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
Caught Speeding, Whats Going To Happen Now? on my P's

Rape-Ewok-PREPARE-YOUR-ANUS.jpg

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Mate , You need to study what your rights are. Nobody here seems to know. I got pulled over at gunpoint by the cops in an unmarked car.(An offence in itself) They alleged I was speeding and driving in a manner dangerous to the public. I had in fact been doing 188 km/hr in a 70 zone. He also tried to threaten me with a defect on the car. I walked away with no fines or defect and nothing to answer to. When you know how their system works , a little about law and your rights , then there is very little they can do to you. If you give a public servant jurisdiction over you , then all the statutes , acts and by laws they represent apply to you. Don't give them jurisdiction and don't contract with them. All that applies then is common law.
Unfortunately when you answered their questions and showed your drivers licence , you blew it. They can do whatever they want to you under the road traffic act or any other obscure law they care to. Wait and see what turns up in the mail.

[youtube]ZBZcEa_UNwk[/youtube]

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Incorrect. It is backdated to the date of the offense, when he was on P's.

OP, either:

a) Cop couldn't get any firm evidence on you and won't do anything

b) You will receive paperwork in mail, could be anything, depending on what cop pings you on. Could be anything up to 42km/h over. Won't be impounded as it's 45km/h over which is the instant impound threshold. 25km/h over is instant loss of license for a month I believe, not sure when it increases to 3 or 6 months.

Hamatime is 100% correct, 25km is loss of license and any points are backdated.

As Hama said
One of these will happen.
- You wont receive a fine because the officer cant be bothered, all fines are at the police officers discretion (possible). It is perfectly normal for them to mail it out.
- You will receive a hand written fine in the mail with a "date of issue" which will be when he wrote it out, you will have 28 days to dispute the matter and have it heard in a magistrates court or lose your license on the 29th day.
If you choose to dispute it and take it to court, you will keep your license until the court hearing then a magistrate will decide what the outcome is.

I don't think it works like that anymore. Because people were waiting till they could afford to take the points. Also if you loose your liscence when you're on you p's now your time gets extended after your suspension period ends.

Good luck op. I was on my P's for 5 years and was only meant to be on them for 3. The last couple of years dragged a bit but you'll get there. You do the crime and you do the time hehe.
Exactly, the request for points will be sent to vicroads once payment on the infringement is made ORRRRRR when the matter is left with no action and goes to the infringements court and becomes an enforcement order with an additional 77.10
THEN if they don't do ****, it gets another 56.50 and becomes a warrant where a sheriffs officer can clamp your car, suspend rego/license or take your **** and if you don't have stuff to take they'll arrest your arse and you can serve your time a cell.

If you haven't had a fine before, once you get it in the mail(if you do), you can write a letter pleading you case asking for the infringement to be withdrawn. If you've got a clean record and your rego isn't flagged, 95% of the time they'll withdraw the fine. You'll still be stuck with the points though. Good luck man.

Incorrect, An internal review (or as people say, write a letter) isn't an option with anything that is 25km+ or drink driving where you would automatically lose your license. Only way to try and get out of the fine is to go to court.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Derr Mace spacers man, instant 50 kw's

50???? I got duped , all I got was a loss of bottom end ; p , seriously all the OP can do is wait and hope for a good out come , but I think a loss of licence is on the cards