Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changed the thermostat and climate control is still cold?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Here is a photo

Attachments

• Climate_Temp.JPG
    Climate_Temp.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 760

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
Cheers for that mate. I don't think I have it so maybe that's why I get no heat lol. I'll have to try and find one at wreckers or something...

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers for that mate. I don't think I have it so maybe that's why I get no heat lol. I'll have to try and find one at wreckers or something...

That tube goes to the in car temp sensor in the controller - yeh.

Hmmm could be that the tube is not connected on some cars and not getting the info to the climate system.

I may just have to look at this in more detail in the Holden VQ book...

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
That tube goes to the in car temp sensor in the controller - yeh.

Hmmm could be that the tube is not connected on some cars and not getting the info to the climate system.

I may just have to look at this in more detail in the Holden VQ book...

Nar I got the tube right but that heater sensor with the wire I can't see it anywhere. I can't even seem to find the harness that goes to it...

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nar I got the tube right but that heater sensor with the wire I can't see it anywhere. I can't even seem to find the harness that goes to it...

In the photo the main CC loom is not plugged in.

I'd guess that the plastic clip can snap and the sensor fall away from the copper heater tube.

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
In the photo the main CC loom is not plugged in.

I'd guess that the plastic clip can snap and the sensor fall away from the copper heater tube.

So I must have the plug that is for the heater sensor but I don't think I have that heater sensor with that short loom and plug.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
So I must have the plug that is for the heater sensor but I don't think I have that heater sensor with that short loom and plug.

Could be - the sensor is a short thick black wire with a crimped copper tip. The plug end is the flat ish rectangle type plug in the photo.

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
Could be - the sensor is a short thick black wire with a crimped copper tip. The plug end is the flat ish rectangle type plug in the photo.

AH HA! That's what that weird thing is bellow the stereo. Sorry I couldn't quite see the plug on the pic because it's side on so looked weird. So that copper tip goes onto the inline heater pipe and is held on by a black clip right?
I have the clip as well still on the pipe but thought it was to hold the vacc lines or something. Cheers.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH HA! That's what that weird thing is bellow the stereo. Sorry I couldn't quite see the plug on the pic because it's side on so looked weird. So that copper tip goes onto the inline heater pipe and is held on by a black clip right?
I have the clip as well still on the pipe but thought it was to hold the vacc lines or something. Cheers.

Success - you beeeeuty:thumbsup:

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
Um one more thing lol. The pic doesn't show the copper tip that's meant to be on the pipe? Also how it that black bit on the pipe lol. I'm still looking at it and can't see how it holds on there in the pic.