Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chrisso's 1979 VB commodore!!!!!!!!!!

VHRickster

Reaction score
Members Ride
5lt VH
This is a fine looking ride!
Curious....how did you go with Qld rego with the roll cage??
I just took mine out of my VH becayse in the ACT if it is not enginered then the back seats have to come out and it gets put down on paper as a 2 seater?....I am thinking of selling my half cage
Old school is the only school!!!

chrisso 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
Hey Rickster CHEERS mate !!!!!!!!!

The car is not registered yet mate but will be soon .... I have been talking a lot with the bloke that is doing a R.W.C on the car he is also the MOD plate engineer ..... I have shown him the cage and he said its fine as long as where it bolts up i use high tensile bolts and a backing plate that is 100mm x 75mm by 10mm thick..... And also the bars have to be covered with insulation anywhere a passengers head would hit in a accident... I also have to fit a taxi bar to the cage for the harnesses to connect too.... The bloke i am dealing with is into cars as well so he has been very help full with the build. He told me to fit everything to the car and we will MOD plate the lot .... So hopefully it all goes well!!!!!!!!!

PirateJoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute, YZF-R6
Hey mate, just read your thread very nice work. Good to see you've done it all yourself. Not so keen on the tail light garnish and sticker but its your car..
Any more work going on the engine?
I think you should re furbish the wheels and hunt down another two. I love vb-vh's with those simmons wheels.. old school mate, no plastic ****.

chrisso 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
Thanks Joe !!!! The chrome garnish i fitted should look ok when the car is registered because the number plate will cover most of it.. As for the sticker i put that there to break up the chrome for the car show up here .....

As for the motor plans are to keep it the way it is (standard) .... But i am looking to buy a vn-vs 304 motor and spend some cash on that !!!!!!!!
I love the simmons mate but the missus wants me to get a second set like CONVO PRO'S !!!!!!

OLD SCHOOL COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chrisso 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
Well finished off the exhaust yesterday come up very nice but damn it hangs low!!!!!! The old beast sounds great too!!!!!
I can now hear the Gilmer belt drive whine now,, what a mission building the exhaust here is a few pics!!!!!!
anzacday047.jpg

anzacday048.jpg

I am real happy with the outcome love that V8 sound its not too loud just perfect!!!!!!

chrisso 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
This is what it looks like under the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
26042011104.jpg

26042011101-1.jpg

26042011105-1.jpg

26042011102.jpg

Put dual dump pipes out the rear !!!!!!!!!!

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
very nice mate, looks like some top quality work youve done there. maybe post a video on youtube of the exhaust idle

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Sound vid time i think chriso :p

clutch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, R33 GTST
its a shame people are ruining the old girls and making them into these things.

anyone can can change motors, paint dashes, and stick silly jet pilot stickers on the back. its keeping them their original glory that counts.

we've witnessed the loss of an original vb in this thread which we will never see again.