Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chrisso's 1979 VB commodore!!!!!!!!!!

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
its a shame people are ruining the old girls and making them into these things.

anyone can can change motors, paint dashes, and stick silly jet pilot stickers on the back. its keeping them their original glory that counts.

we've witnessed the loss of an original vb in this thread which we will never see again.

Who shat in your coffee this morning, the jetpilot sticker is obviously going to go away when he gets it road registered with a number plate going there im guessing, people need to understand that not all people enjoy restoring a car to stock...i would understand if this was a rare and sought after car but....its just a vb( no offense intended chris).

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Who shat in your coffee this morning, the jetpilot sticker is obviously going to go away when he gets it road registered with a number plate going there im guessing, people need to understand that not all people enjoy restoring a car to stock...i would understand if this was a rare and sought after car but....its just a vb( no offense intended chris).

totally with you mate. My VH probably also fits into the same category as Chrisso's.

I will say however, I don't like the body being overdone with non-HDT body kits on the early models. For instance if the car was done with some tacky VT bodykit grafted onto it etc then yeah I reckon it would be a waste
but this car has essentially been kept fairly much as the general intended and it looks tops. He's even managed to fit a set of wheels that look right for the era (and I'm not referring to the Simmons)

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---

anyone can can change motors, paint dashes, and stick silly jet pilot stickers on the back. its keeping them their original glory that counts.

we've witnessed the loss of an original vb in this thread which we will never see again.

theres nothing wrong with chrisso's vb, he has done a top notch job on it and considering how everyone else seems to think the same im afraid to say youre on your own there mate. everyone is entitled to their opinion, and yes, some people think that older classic cars like a vb should be kept 100% factory but you can keep your opinion to yourself instead of bad mouthing someone elses car that they have put a lot of time and effort into. besides, it only an sl model (no offence chrisso, mines only an sl too haha) not a rare sl/e. chrisso hasnt really deviated from the cars originality much anyway.

i think its a top car chrisso

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
so.. um.... yeah:
excuseme.jpg

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Chriso was obviously sporting a leopard print thong, sensible attire for working on cars of course hahaha

chrisso 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
Ha Ha a bit of controversy !!!!!!! and NO i was not wearing a leopard print thong ....... That was the missus PJ'S in the pic i could not work out her camera!!!!!
But good one you got me there!!!!!!!

chrisso 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore

Just thought i would reply !!! I agree with you in a way that yes the car was original but it was not how i wanted it to look!!!!!!! So when i bought it
I had full intentions of changing it as i have said many times...... I am building the car to how i want it to look!!!!!!!!

Isn't that what this website and others like it .... inc magazines are all about the modified car scene MODIFIED ..............!!!!!!!!!!

If your into original cars than that's your opinion but most people i have spoken too on here (forum) have changed their car or are going to change their car and are getting some advice on how to do it!!!!!!!!

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Better being loved and cared for then neglected and left to rust away IMO.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
yeah look, i dont like a lot of the bling mods on this car either, but compared to the way it was when you picked it up, then respect has to go out to the time and effort gone into it. its a damn sight better than sitting on a scrap heap, rusting away and being parted out slowly.

i mean, there are probably 50,000 things people dont like about my cars, but f'k em' they are my cars. :p