Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Climate control light???

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
Don't know where Holden get off selling all their globes for ridiculous prices. Those are worth all of about 30 cents each. Any electronics wholesaler will attest to that.

I think you could apply that to any of their genuine spare parts pricing.... I had to replace the solenoid pack for the climate control once, that was about $120, and the good old fan amplifier, another $150.....

SWE11L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina/ KJ Verada/ 88 Trans Am
I think you could apply that to any of their genuine spare parts pricing.... I had to replace the solenoid pack for the climate control once, that was about $120, and the good old fan amplifier, another $150.....

Harvs82, did you replace those parts cause your climate control wouldn't operate properly or turn on when you wanted??

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
Harvs82, did you replace those parts cause your climate control wouldn't operate properly or turn on when you wanted??

Yeah, I had to replace the solenoid control pack as the previous one had failed. Under acceleration, such as going up a hill, the air direction would shift from face to feet, due to the lack of vaccum, but as soon as I backed off, it would return to the face setting.

The fan amplifier also failed, causing the blower to run at full speed, regardless of the temperature set, or even by manually changing the fan speed to 1, 2 or 3. The fan also continued to run even when the ignition was turned off, only way to stop it was to remove the blower fusible link from under the hood. Failing to do that and you end up with a flat battery.

SWE11L

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, I had to replace the solenoid control pack as the previous one had failed. Under acceleration, such as going up a hill, the air direction would shift from face to feet, due to the lack of vaccum, but as soon as I backed off, it would return to the face setting.

The fan amplifier also failed, causing the blower to run at full speed, regardless of the temperature set, or even by manually changing the fan speed to 1, 2 or 3. The fan also continued to run even when the ignition was turned off, only way to stop it was to remove the blower fusible link from under the hood. Failing to do that and you end up with a flat battery.

i see, mine does the shift from face to feet uphill, the solenoid pack is the long black things with 5 little holes in the front right?if so i replaced that today with one i got from a wrecker, have to check it tomo... i dont believe i hav a faulty fam amp, i thought i'd fixed my prob on an earlier thread but its persisted, just sometimes doesnt come on when i press buttons..

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
i see, mine does the shift from face to feet uphill, the solenoid pack is the long black things with 5 little holes in the front right?if so i replaced that today with one i got from a wrecker, have to check it tomo... i dont believe i hav a faulty fam amp, i thought i'd fixed my prob on an earlier thread but its persisted, just sometimes doesnt come on when i press buttons..

Yeah sounds like the problem I had. The solenoid pack is located under that little tray under the radio. From memory it has a whole heap of coloured pipes attached to it, going off to the various servos for face, feet, demisting, fresh/recirc settings etc. There was also holes covered in foam at the front of the unit... from memory.

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah thats what i replaced today...thinking of replacing the entire climate control unit too...got to fix this prob, its driving me insane!

What other issues are you having with your climate control system?

SWE11L

Reaction score
Members Ride
apart from the backlight not working, and the fact a/c needs regassing, it just doesnt turn on sometimes....after driving for a while it makes a sound like the vents opening or something then its fine to use...sometimes over an entire drive nothing happens an i cant use it

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
apart from the backlight not working, and the fact a/c needs regassing, it just doesnt turn on sometimes....after driving for a while it makes a sound like the vents opening or something then its fine to use...sometimes over an entire drive nothing happens an i cant use it

Check the relay under the bonnet labelled LP CHECK... mine did this exact thing and thats what it turned out to be. I have no idea what the hell it does but apparently its something to do with the climate control!