Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clubsport R8 Spoiler on an SS

NickGNB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Sedan, VY II Acclaim Wagon, Ford Territory
Hi All,

Has anyone here put the spoiler off an R8 Clubsport Sedan (VY) onto an SS Sedan (VY)? If so did anyone have any troubles and are there any pics around? The whole car is getting re-sprayed anyway so not that worried about paint/colour related issues, just wondering if it would be an improvement on the current look. I have no interest in running the car without a spoiler.

If anyone has pics of an SS with the R8 spoiler I'd love to see them.

Cheers!

lilpope05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SPAC Supercharged V6
I don't think the r8 spoilers look good unless it has the full kit.. What about the senator spoiler?

NickGNB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Sedan, VY II Acclaim Wagon, Ford Territory
Fair enough, I just don't love the way that the SS Spoiler has the unpainted underside. I have the R8 front bumper, and should have a Monaro fluted bonnet (everything is unpainted currently), but think that the R8 rear end is just a bit much for me though. Would just like to have a full colour spoiler you know. I assume the R8 spoiler mounts right onto an SS, does anyone know?

The Senator spoiler is nice but I think it might be a bit too reserved for this build.