Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Paul Harris

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
Hi I've got a couple of codes on my 2006 svz alloytec... first of all the oil pressure sensor code and p0522 oil pressure sensor circuit low voltage.... should I just change the sensor and see how it goes or should I be worried about something else.... I took the oil cap off after I stopped the car and oil was sitting right at the top of the engine which worries me because I've never seen that before and thinking there could be a possible blockage somewhere from what I can see there's no oil leak except it looks like there's a tiny bit of a leakage coming from the tap itself which makes me think that I don't have a low oil pressure I got too much can somebody please help me on this thanks guys and girls

Last edited:

Trev084

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 6 Seat Wagon. 2005 VZ SV6
P0521 is a very common issue on the alloytecs, change the oil switch.

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
you will need ,a special tool ,to remove the oil pressure switch, change the switch ,and see if that fixes the oil pressure problem, how many ks, from last oil change .may have sluge build up, pull out the oil filter and have a look

Last edited:

Paul Harris

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
you will need ,a special tool ,to remove the oil pressure switch, change the switch ,and see if that fixes the oil pressure problem, how many ks, from last oil change .may have sluge build up, pull out the oil filter and have a look

I did an oil change and a new filter about 3 weeks ago

geekcohen

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Omega 2007
For anyone's future reference. I had this issue in my VE alloytec Series 1 and it was a fault oil pump. I was told it was a faulty valve and it was not maintaining oil pressure when the car was off.

I tried the oil pressure sensor as well as fresh oil which didn't make much of a difference.