Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Commodore-VR-VS-Workshop-Repair-Service-Manual

AlexCameron23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSIII CSV BULLET 350
I have the full set of VR and VS printed manuals, also VB through to VN, just nothing on VP (somehow I was never interested in VP)

The VS books are merely supplements and you require the VR Service manuals to refer back to as the way Holden do it if they've somewhere in the past covered any topic they never repeat it, they just write "refer to Holden Service Manual No. XXX"
They produced a dedicated volume (Vol 10) to the Series 3 and 50th anniversary ute.

Not sure if I would even consider sitting here and scanning a complete volume to just post it up, also it would be a breach of Copyright, but I see some people are now copying under a legal loophole using some sort of public license. Which is what the guy in Hillbank, South Australia is doing, which is the link that Wozza has put up in the above post.

So volume 10 is one Im looking for what others cover the Manual VR VS V8? just the the essential good bits engine brakes clutch body, dont care for sedans or v6's ya know?

Cheers

Jamiew

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5.0 Ute
VR/VS factory CD software. Download to an old PC and run setup. Must be able to run 16 bit software. EG Windows XP.

Best to use the search feature to find what you are looking for, then print what you need. The software is pretty clunky but the info is gold.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yh9u0gvomnzv6cs/AAC2TZv26lIEvyBLUuVhrMPza?dl=0

Cheers, Steve
Downloaded last night. Got it running on an old Dell laptop with winXP. Works brilliantly except for vol 5 doesn’t list any wiring diagrams. It says need printed copy. Thanks a million all the same.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I've found the above seller to be somewhat prickly to deal with in the past and thus I wouldn't recommend him.

What I find strange is that he hides behind some sort of "Public License" to simply be able to duplicate a GM disc and sell them to make easy cash. I was always under the impression that GMH were really big on litigation and rubbing people like that out. Well I know they used to be.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
So volume 10 is one Im looking for what others cover the Manual VR VS V8? just the the essential good bits engine brakes clutch body, dont care for sedans or v6's ya know?

Wow you've got some front Alex ?? you abuse the living daylights out of me on here then admins have to remove your posts and impose a sanction on you......... and now you've got the gumption to ask for my help ?????

Good try but not from me you won't.

Last edited:

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Downloaded last night. Got it running on an old Dell laptop with winXP. Works brilliantly except for vol 5 doesn’t list any wiring diagrams. It says need printed copy. Thanks a million all the same.

Hi Jamie,

Yes the genuine Holden disc I have states that exact same thing as it would've been rather hard to use images that were really large on a computer screen.
Volume 5 is one of the best parts of the series and is the hardest to obtain as it is full of large folded pull out pages with the complete wiring shown and all the plug configurations and explanations. Much better than all the earlier stuff GM had printed in earlier Service Manuals of say HQ etc.

If anyone requires a certain page I'm happy to take a photo of the relevant pages of my book and send it directly to your phone.

Cheers,
VSL

AlexCameron23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSIII CSV BULLET 350
Wow you've got some front Alex ?? you abuse the living daylights out of me on here then admins have to remove your posts and impose a sanction on you......... and now you've got the gumption to ask for my help ?????

Good try but not from me you won't.
Sorry didn't recognise the name or care neither I didn't complain. Or try start an argument with a negative post. The admin did a good job removing the thread it wasn't going anywhere was it?

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride

Hi Jamie,

With this version do you know what Supplement Volume it goes up to as there are 11 volumes with the last one being released during Series III, thus I feel not all the info was ever put out on any of the CD's that were released by Holden themselves.

I'd love to know what they actually did apart from the printed books.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
My CD is version 3.0 issued December 1996. It only goes up to Volume 9 (Series 2) and doesn't cover Series 3.

*** Edit *** Just had a look at the one on Dropbox. It's dated August 1996 and doesn't cover:

Volume 6: LPG System
Volume 7: VS Series II and 1996 1/2 Update
Volume 9: VS Series II LWB and Update Info

Perhaps someone else has a more up-to-date CD?

Last edited:

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
There's also Volume 10 (50th Anniversary and Series III) and Volume 11 which covers the new V8 Engine Production Option XT9

I'm not sure that they ever produced a late CD with all volumes included as by then they were well into VT and the hard copy books covered it all anyway.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Have just received my last batch of manuals to complete my collection from VB thu to VS. It's a massive amount of paper all up I must say. The only books I don't have now is the Starfire 4 books released around VC era, but I really don't care about those as no one will ever be restoring one of those will they ?