Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Commodore-VR-VS-Workshop-Repair-Service-Manual

RWD4ever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 ute
I've found the above seller to be somewhat prickly to deal with in the past and thus I wouldn't recommend him.

What I find strange is that he hides behind some sort of "Public License" to simply be able to duplicate a GM disc and sell them to make easy cash. I was always under the impression that GMH were really big on litigation and rubbing people like that out. Well I know they used to be.
I believe the CD manuals were sub-contracted to Infomedia. Perhaps they have lost interest in enforcing the IP on 1990's manuals.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I think that the Copyright might've expired.

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
I believe the CD manuals were sub-contracted to Infomedia. Perhaps they have lost interest in enforcing the IP on 1990's manuals.
I think that the Copyright might've expired.

Infomedia's contract with GM finished/expired and wasnt renewed so they didnt continue there support for existing customers who had the manuals on CD- this was the case of my VY workshop Manual when i rung them to try and reinstall in on my PC, after a reformat.

Jamiew

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5.0 Ute
Hi Jamie,

With this version do you know what Supplement Volume it goes up to as there are 11 volumes with the last one being released during Series III, thus I feel not all the info was ever put out on any of the CD's that were released by Holden themselves.

I'd love to know what they actually did apart from the printed books.

It only goes to vol 4. The link to vol5 says that wiring diagrams in print version only. This only Covers VS series 1 I think.

Jamiew

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5.0 Ute
My CD is version 3.0 issued December 1996. It only goes up to Volume 9 (Series 2) and doesn't cover Series 3.

*** Edit *** Just had a look at the one on Dropbox. It's dated August 1996 and doesn't cover:

Volume 6: LPG System
Volume 7: VS Series II and 1996 1/2 Update
Volume 9: VS Series II LWB and Update Info

Perhaps someone else has a more up-to-date CD?

Can you upload to dropbox or something?

kodielee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS Commodore HSV enhanced
Hi, though it is difficult to get hold of the complete set of factory workshop manuals which includes the electrical wiring, however; many state libraries do have complete sets of most holden factory workshop manuals to look at, though they cannot be lent out. Wiring is not all that many pages so you can still photo copy them.
For others, maybe this link will help.
https://www.carpdfmanual.com/holden/#google_vignette
They seem to have the basic wiring diagrams for all VR and VS versions, though I can't compare them with anything else. Maybe it is just an after market version, but it may help.
I actually designed several of the electronic circuit boards used in the switches for the VR and VS models back in the days.
Kindest Regards

Reactions: Lex

RWD4ever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 ute
Hi, though it is difficult to get hold of the complete set of factory workshop manuals which includes the electrical wiring, however; many state libraries do have complete sets of most holden factory workshop manuals to look at, though they cannot be lent out. Wiring is not all that many pages so you can still photo copy them.
For others, maybe this link will help.
https://www.carpdfmanual.com/holden/#google_vignette
They seem to have the basic wiring diagrams for all VR and VS versions, though I can't compare them with anything else. Maybe it is just an after market version, but it may help.
I actually designed several of the electronic circuit boards used in the switches for the VR and VS models back in the days.
Kindest Regards
That looks like the Max Ellery manual. Anyway, thanks for the link, so poor sods don't have to pay for second-rate crud.