Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Commodore VZ 2006 cranks but won’t start

Wils15

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VZ 2006 wagon
Gday everyone, long time listener first time caller.

The other morning I came out to my Vz 2006 after driving it perfectly fine the night before.

When I turned the car on I was faced with almost every fault that could possibly come up on the dash, and the car wouldn’t start.

I’ve since replaced the battery which got rid of all the faults and enabled me to start the car. I didn’t drive it that day (although I’m starting to think I should have) and now I’ve gone to start it today and it won’t start.

This time it cranks very healthily but won’t start. Doesn’t even flutter… any ideas why?

P.s I just topped up the fuel with 5L because I was reasonably low on fuel.
Gday everyone,

Thanks heaps as always for all the advice! Much appreciated.

Turns out my car was severely flooded. As I have read in a few other threads, commodores don’t like to do short drives or be started and turned off a few times in quick succession as I did once I’d replaced the battery.

Had to crank it for over 60 seconds to even get a flutter l and then eventually got it to go with a big puff of white smoke out the back.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Thanks again for all the help legends

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Gday everyone,

Thanks heaps as always for all the advice! Much appreciated.

Turns out my car was severely flooded. As I have read in a few other threads, commodores don’t like to do short drives or be started and turned off a few times in quick succession as I did once I’d replaced the battery.

Had to crank it for over 60 seconds to even get a flutter l and then eventually got it to go with a big puff of white smoke out the back.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Thanks again for all the help legends
I like the bit where you post back with a happy ending.

Thanks for sharing.