Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Comprehensive Insurance..how Much $$

Jurasic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE SERIES II
Sorry there guys my ute is also an ecotec V6 and not a bent eight. Also with only one nominated driver apart from myself.. cheers.

The Darkness

Junk Yard Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VT V6 A4
im 17. stock VR v6. full comp for $93 a month with suncorp.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
we have 1 car and 1 ute insured with AAMI

rating 1 and no finance

one (car) is $505 a year with an agreed value of $13000
other one (ute) is $495 a year with an agreed value of $18800

we also have the house insured through the same company

Mr_Slim

Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais Manual
the only way a young bloke can get full comp insurance under a grand is if they drive a piss weak car, or if they insure the car under a parents name, and list them as the primary driver.

this of course is in fact illegal - insurance fraud. generally insurance companies will overlook it the first time, but if you have 2 accidents in the car where you're not listed as the primary driver (eg if you have it insured under your dad's name, and your a 2nd driver) then the insurance company will do some investigating.

basically they will notice that you've had 2 accidents / claims in a car which you claim not to drive very often. if they notice that your parents have their own cars, and you appear to have this car all to yourself, then they will see it for what it is and reject your claim, and you pay the entire damage yourself, and you get in big trouble with the insurance company, who aren't big fans of fraud.

just remember - insurance companies don't get rich by paying out insurance claims. they get rich by investigating and rejecting claims

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
My first car was a gemmini my old man and me were half and half drivers on rego and on insurance. That way you are able to gain a rating.

Mr_Slim

Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais Manual
My first car was a gemmini my old man and me were half and half drivers on rego and on insurance. That way you are able to gain a rating.

not sure about half/half or how it was back then, but now with the common system either being principle driver and extra driver or primary and secondary, if the insurance company suspects that you are in fact the primary driver, not the 2nd driver as your policy suggests, they won't pay anything.

unfortunately that means a big insurance bill for P platers, and generally anyone under 25

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
yeah guess a lot changes in six years my bad

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
my VR exec is insured for market value, premium is 450 p/a, 2 mods, cd player and exhaust (suspension doesn't count as it's only an inch lower than standard, CAI doesn't count as it's easily removed) - first year was 1200 with suncorp, switched to NRMA afterward. insured in mum's name

VT berlina is insured for agrred value (10,800) premium is 460 p/a. no mods AAMI. insured in my unlicensed gf's name with me as second driver

The Darkness

Junk Yard Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VT V6 A4
the only way a young bloke can get full comp insurance under a grand is if they drive a piss weak car, or if they insure the car under a parents name, and list them as the primary driver.

this of course is in fact illegal - insurance fraud. generally insurance companies will overlook it the first time, but if you have 2 accidents in the car where you're not listed as the primary driver (eg if you have it insured under your dad's name, and your a 2nd driver) then the insurance company will do some investigating.

basically they will notice that you've had 2 accidents / claims in a car which you claim not to drive very often. if they notice that your parents have their own cars, and you appear to have this car all to yourself, then they will see it for what it is and reject your claim, and you pay the entire damage yourself, and you get in big trouble with the insurance company, who aren't big fans of fraud.

just remember - insurance companies don't get rich by paying out insurance claims. they get rich by investigating and rejecting claims

well....i'm the primary driver and im listed as such, i'm 17 and have had no accidents and i pay under a grand a year. its not under a parents name, under mine. and V6 isnt really a piss weak car now is it. go figure

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Cheapest insurance I could find for my VT 2 Calais, no points lost, no prior accients/claims was with 'Budget Direct'. First year it was $2300, this year its $1,600 and some change...

Seems like your gettin a really good price through, and I trust those bigger companies like CGU over things like budget direct.. which i only heard of last year haha