Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

connecting amp to ve original radio

Unit_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 M6
OKay, so I tapped into the rear speakers alright, now where exactly do I tap into for the remote wire?

And if I want to put speakers in the rear parcel shelf, I can just tap off the rear speaker wires aswell just like I did for the LOC unit?

As in, I was going to tap off the wire I used to tap off the rear speakers. Will this be safe or not?

Last edited:

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
I would wire the remote to the handsfree plug behind the glovebox as Luke0011 suggested, this way the amplifier with stay on whenever the radio is on (Luke correct me if im wrong, im sure you will ;)). As opposed to the wire i suggested, which will only turn the amp on when the key is on.

You can add rear speakers into the parcel shelf by tapping into the LOC wiring, but you will have to disconnect the existing rear door speakers first. Otherwise you'll be running 2 pairs of speakers off 1 pair of speaker outputs. This is not good for the head-units amplifier as it "loads" down to 2 ohm, more than likely resulting in a blown amplifier. So yeah, disconnect the rear speakers, tap into your LOC wiring and install / wire up the new speakers, should work fine.

Unit_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 M6
I would wire the remote to the handsfree plug behind the glovebox as Luke0011 suggested, this way the amplifier with stay on whenever the radio is on (Luke correct me if im wrong, im sure you will ;)). As opposed to the wire i suggested, which will only turn the amp on when the key is on.

You can add rear speakers into the parcel shelf by tapping into the LOC wiring, but you will have to disconnect the existing rear door speakers first. Otherwise you'll be running 2 pairs of speakers off 1 pair of speaker outputs. This is not good for the head-units amplifier as it "loads" down to 2 ohm, more than likely resulting in a blown amplifier. So yeah, disconnect the rear speakers, tap into your LOC wiring and install / wire up the new speakers, should work fine.

Okay, that explains why my subs aren't turning on as I haven't wired my remote wire yet...

Damn, I've already wired up the parcel shelf speakers by tapping into the rear door speaker wire which I'm also using for the LOC...

How else can I run the parcel shelf speakers? Other than tapping into the LOC wire...Can't I run them off the monoblock too?

And the accessory wire is the Brown one underneathe the glovebox yeah?

The one pictured below:

Attachments

• IMG_0128 (Small).jpg
    IMG_0128 (Small).jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 2,503
  • IMG_0129 (Small).jpg
    IMG_0129 (Small).jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 2,512
Last edited:

holdenboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
the phone kit plug is behind the glovebox and the accessories wire is a brown wire < Thats a quote from Luke0011, i havent actually used this wire before so i can only suggest you either ask or wait for Luke0011 to come on to clarify this.

The only way you can run another two speakers is to buy another amplifier. In all honesty i wouldnt bother too much with the rears (leave the stock rear door ones), but if you really want parcel shelf speakers then you'll have to disconnect those door speakers. So no, you cant connect them to the monoblock, it designed to play sub-bass frequencies, not full range for speakers.

Unit_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 M6
Hmm...I'll have a dig around now and see what I find..

Edit: Had a dig through it, and found an un-used plug. The wires that were in there are as follows: Orange/black, Light blue, white.

This was located behind the glovebox to the left.

Pic:

Attachments

• IMG_0131 (Small).jpg
    IMG_0131 (Small).jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 10,096
Last edited:

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
yeah look at the opposite side of that plug and you will see the brown wire. Tap into that

Unit_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 M6
Yeah mate. Done that and all is working well.

Cheers for your help ladies. :)

chrissove

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE
Remote wire

Hey guys been reading this thread cos i've been trying to install an infinity basslink powered sub in my ve ute, every thing seems to be working well and it adds a lot of depth to the stock system. The only thing is that it stays on all the time ie I can't get it to turn off when the stereo is swithed off! The powered sub needs 3 power inputs; positive power from the battery, earth, and remote. I figure remote would be the accesory wire you guys have been talking about so tried to tap into that but no change.

I didn't think the sub would turn on without a remote signal but it seems it's default is to turn on unless it's receiving one, am I doing everything right?

Cheers in advance

holdenboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
So if you remove the remote wire from the amp and turn the head-unit off, it still stays on?

If so, you have a faulty amp. Take it back.

chrissove

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE
Ok, so I'm assuming that the remote wire is the accessories wire previosly mentioned here. If the remote wire isn't connected and the only wires I have going to the amp are the earth/ground and the positive from the battery the amp will be on turn on...

So you reckon it might be faulty?