Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Conversion

Ihavenoidea

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt clubsport 5ltr
Hey guys I recently brought a vt clubsport 5ltr 97 model and its auto, I'm wanting to convert in to manual but have no idea what sort of gearbox i should be putting in it, if i could have some suggstions, pros and cons that would be great thanks

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
You need to find a complete manual conversion from another VT 5 litre. While they use the same gearbox as the VS S2 5 litre, none of the other parts are the same. You can't use a V6 gearbox, an LS gearbox, or a T5 gearbox.

Parts a conversion should include are the tail shaft, pedal box, engine loom, gearbox cross member, flywheel (although solid aftermarket replacements can be purchased), ideally the ECU or a memcal (memcal can also be organised separately through a mail order tuner, so ECU not super essential), master and slave cylinders. That's just off the top of my head so there's probably a couple of others.

T56 conversions probably exist, but require probably a custom tailshaft and bellhousing/adaptor plate.,

Ihavenoidea

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt clubsport 5ltr
Thanks heaps mate what are the getrag gearboxes like ?