Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coolant Leak

Dani_Styles

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman V6 S/C
Hi guys, have looked through numerous threads but unable to find one similar.

I have a s/c V6 with a coolant leak. When looking at the engine, it is at the back and to the right. I cant actually access or see it from under the bonnet, but can see it pouring out from underneath.

Does anyone know what hose/pipe/issue this could be.

Cheers

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
It's not coming out of the bell housing is it? If it's coming from the top of the engine it is probably the inlet manifold gasket, if it's coming out of the bell housing it will be a corroded plate the rear main is in.
How much coolant is it using and has it been filled with proper coolant or just water?

Dani_Styles

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman V6 S/C
Not from the bell housing and proper coolant, which is how I could tell there was a leak. Never thought about the inlet manifold gasket, good call as I get steam coming from it also. I had to put 3L of coolant in 2 days ago and as soon as it gets warm it comes straight back out

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Check the heater hose connections at the firewall and also check the connections and condition of the heater water valve.

colourmesilver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT1 98 SS 195i 5.0L 304 HSV ENHANCED
One of the bleeders on them engines are back near there aren't they? Yeah check hose clamps