Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coolant on the engine

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
Hey guys,

Had the heatertemp and pipe go on me and got it fixed today. All fixed but there is coolant on the engine (i removed the engine cover when i got the car). Was just wondering if this is going to dmaage or effect the engine at all or while it just all go away at some point?

thanks guys

GenReaper

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.AusHeli.com
Members Ride
VY SS Series II Wagon
Nar it wont hurt it but it will smell.

Let the engine cool down totaly then poor some rain water over the top and flush it away, just keep it away from electronics.

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
Nar it wont hurt it but it will smell.

Let the engine cool down totaly then poor some rain water over the top and flush it away, just keep it away from electronics.

Yeah i noticed the smell a little lol. Just wanted to know if it would harm it or not was all. I'll wash it off tomorrow arvo , might just use somethign to soak it up instead of water, didnt think water on an engine was good either (gotta love a 17yr olds knowledge of cars) lol

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
You could gurney they Ecotec and it wouldnt bother it.

That said there is a small chance the water can get under the leads and make it run funny untill you blow the water out of them. No biggie.