Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

coolant smell??

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
The heater core costs around $100, but yeah the labour is the big killer. My heater core started leaking so i just disconnected the hoses under the bonnet and bunged them up. Everything still works fine, except the heater part, the smells gone, it never gets cold enough here anyway to even think of using the heater. The air-con still works fine thats all i need.

The air con might be all you need, but you need a functioning heater unit to be roadworthy. Just something to keep in mind.

Brett

Legend
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
The air con might be all you need, but you need a functioning heater unit to be roadworthy. Just something to keep in mind.

What i keep in mind is the cost to fix any unessacary thing that never ever gets used in the first place.

ciaranvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Exec.
mine was doing the same and it turned out the heater tap was fuct, so it was replaced for about $5. get another opinion on that 1300 quote!

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
What i keep in mind is the cost to fix any unessacary thing that never ever gets used in the first place.

That's fair enough, but are you saying that if something breaks on a car and it not something that you would normally use, you wouldnt repair it?
I was simply stating a fact and one that is enforcable in the state of queensland at least, it's always good to know what you could get into trouble for.