Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Costco - Michelin PS4S 245/35/20 x 4 @ $285each

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
You may very well be right however I find it odd that they cannot supply a Michelin tyre to suit a 20" Commodore rim.

Presumably "stock" doesn't mean floor stock or maybe it does?

Anyhoo, moot point.

They can't supply (perhaps at that price) so Costco it is...

K-mart tyre and auto have a limited range of tyres they are able to access...It varies from brand to brand models.....They carry a very limited range in stock at their stores, but the brands/models they are allowed to get, that aren't in store they order in, providing they are allowed to get it from the suppliers, through their head office

Whilst I'm not aware of exactly what they are allowed to get, I do know, that there head office brokers deals with tyre suppliers, on what they are allowed to get, in the way of brands and brand models....All stores are inter linked via computers, through there head office, which is where they order through and can get tyres from other stores, within there state, if another store has them in stock

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
They've got the tyre fitting bays. I think with electronic gear these days there's not a lot of expertise needed to balance and fit, particularly when I describe the tears I'll be crying if they scratch the rims...

A bit of nouse is required to fit and balance tyres these days.....Even with modern machinery, fitting some of the low profile stuff is still a PITA to do.....And balancing can still be a little bit of guess work, especially reading where the weight was to be put and where it may have to be moved to to achieve the perfect balance...

But yes, modern equipment has made life a little easier

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
Pleased to hear it.

Let's hope it's not too much.

A few years ago I was in for surgery to remove a sun cancer from my forehead and they did an ecg prior to anaesthetic.

It showed up wonky ("flat T's") and the surgery was put on hold while they tried to sort out what was going on.

Over the next few weeks cardiologist ordered a stress test, angiogram, cardiac MRI and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember - all returned normal.

Ecg weekly for 6 weeks or so then monthly cardiologist appts (inc ecg) all to no avail.

After a about a year the ecg returned a normal result.

Cardio doesn't know why it was abnormal but suggested all sorts of things - virus; food allergy; etc

6 years later and yearly cardio appt and still normal.

I figure I'm over whatever it was so keep your pecker up and keep us posted :)

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
I just rang them and was quoted much more than this, and no buy 3 get 1 free. Costco VIC.

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
I just rang them and was quoted much more than this, and no buy 3 get 1 free. Costco VIC.

Sounds promising...

I've signed up online for Costco membership (prior visits with daughter) so I'll go over tomorrow and pick up membership cards and order/pay for tyres.

Watch this space...

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sounds promising...

I've signed up online for Costco membership (prior visits with daughter) so I'll go over tomorrow and pick up membership cards and order/pay for tyres.

Watch this space...

Let us know how you go. He told me the buy 3, 1 free was only on the Bridgestones.

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
Let us know how you go.

Will do.

I've got the old adage "if it sounds too good to be true - it probably is" in my ear and I guess it's always possible he read the wrong line or got the size wrong or whatever.

Tomorrow will tell :)

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
Finally got back to Costco tonight.

Well, it was too good to be true.

Old mate remembered me from last week, remembers talking about Michelins... looked up the price, looked at the card I'd jotted the prices on, looked back at screen and tells me he would have been quoting on Bridgestones (even though we weren't taking about Bridgestones).

Oh well, c'est la vie.

20" Bridgestone Potenzas RE050A not Michelins @ $380 each for 3 and 4th one free.

20" Michelin PS4S $430 each (no 4th free deal).

On the plus side I finally joined Costco.

Sorry about the walk up the garden path...

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Pretty sure Brig's are buy 3 get one free Aust wide, because we have the same deal here in Launceston at BJTM and Bridgstone dealers.