Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

COVID-19 Stat Check

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Just curious.
Anyone in this forum tested positive, have a family member, close relative, work mate or close friend who tested positive?
*A friend of a friend from primary school you heard a rumour about on facebook doesn't count.

I don't know anyone with COVID-19
I asked my GP last week about it, he didn't know anyone either, he said there were apparently 2 or 3 cases in the local hospital isolation ward who are all foreign nationals.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Latest stats from Vic are only 1228 cases, so not surprisingly my closest link is (deep breath).. Another parent at a work colleagues daughters school!
And I think that was only suspected!

Hopefully this "lockdown" is short and sharp as designed.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
none that I know of , a friend recently returned to NZ after visiting her family in South Africa is still in self isolation ,I think she is due out this weekend , latest update for NZ are 29 total cases today , 23 confirmed and 6 probable , giving a total number of 1239 , and 317 recovered , we still only have 1 death , so if you subtract the recovered cases we have 922 .

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I don't know anyone who is confirmed as afflicted.

A mates sister lives in London and is terribly ill with the symptoms but (as of Saturday) could only get access to tele health consulting with no test offered to her.

@commodore665 I am interested in NZ's position compared to WA.

At the time of NZ lockdown, both places had the same number of known cases at 205.

WA's numbers released this morning are 495 known cases (increase of 14), 34 in hospital, 15 in ICU, 6 deaths with 187 recovered.

37% of WA cases relate to the floating petri dishes that are cruise ships !

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
I asked the lady sitting out front of my local pharmacy with her mask on and hand sanitizer on the table, checking in people as they arrive, if she knows anyone with a confirmed COVID-19 positive test result.
She said no, she doesn't know anyone with a positive diagnosis.

I live in a tourist city. Tourism is a major employer. We have a constant flow of tourists from Asia and Europe, we also have ocean cruise ship terminal.

All of my inquiries so far suggest there are NO local infections

Last edited:

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
So....what's going to happen as Australia moves into our winter season?
Many will unfortunately get the flu virus, will they have to isolate?
Melbourne's overnight temperatures are already nudging single digits and it's only April.

How many people will actually be tested for COVID-19, and for how long will this testing need to continue?

Anyone arriving at work with a sniffle or a cough will be shunned away like a leper.
We can't completely restructure businesses and work environments for significant change overnight and its impossible to create a world where we all interact from inside our isolation bubbles!

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I don't know anyone who is confirmed as afflicted.

A mates sister lives in London and is terribly ill with the symptoms but (as of Saturday) could only get access to tele health consulting with no test offered to her.

@commodore665 I am interested in NZ's position compared to WA.

At the time of NZ lockdown, both places had the same number of known cases at 205.

WA's numbers released this morning are 495 known cases (increase of 14), 34 in hospital, 15 in ICU, 6 deaths with 187 recovered.

37% of WA cases relate to the floating petri dishes that are cruise ships !

our Government basically told all cruise ships to bugger off from our ports , although most of our cases came form overseas sources through airport arrivals , our number of cases is falling day to day , hopefully this trend will continue

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
So....what's going to happen as Australia moves into our winter season?
Many will unfortunately get the flu virus, will they have to isolate?
Melbourne's overnight temperatures are already nudging single digits and it's only April.

How many people will actually be tested for COVID-19, and for how long will this testing need to continue?

Anyone arriving at work with a sniffle or a cough will be shunned away like a leper.
We can't completely restructure businesses and work environments for significant change overnight and its impossible to create a world where we all interact from inside our isolation bubbles!

One of the by-products of the self-isolation / social distancing experience is lesser presentation for flu.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
our Government basically told all cruise ships to bugger off from our ports

Ours have tried that, yet we still have the Artania tied up in Fremantle.

It seems that every country in the world has the right to tell these floating cesspits to p!ss off except for Australia.

EDIT: The armada is heading our way.....

2230123_1586401596158.png

"The ships, which are understood to be carrying up to 6000 crew members, are under a Commonwealth order to return to their home ports."

Let's hope they obey that order.

Last edited:

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
One of the by-products of the self-isolation / social distancing experience is lesser presentation for flu.
I guess we'll have to wait until this summer to see how that thought pans out.
How long can ScoMo keep our economy in 'hibernation'?