Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cranks and so nearly starts, Fault codes 35, 48 and 92 :(

Devuk

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VT
In my ecotec 3.8 v6 2000 commodore, the fault codes are suddenly:

Idle speed error, Cam angle sensor (no signal), and Low speed fan fault!
I replaced the cam angle sensor upon getting these fault codes. No change

previously diagnosing why it wouldn't start, the fault codes were standard operational order

BCM replaced and new key coded, car has spark. starter motor is fine, battery is fine. red light comes off mode when you put the key on reds. Have cleaned gunk and sanded the contacts on the ignition switch to try. Key makes contact with ring around barrel

Usually when you turn the key nothing happens, complete turn off then back on again cranks for a little bit. turn all way off then back on again etc same deal, 1 in 3 chance of working and cranks weakly, compared to start motor bypass which cranks immediately and powerfully.

Bypassing the starter motor gives a clean crank and is so close to start but just DOESN'T. It's like it fires for a second then stops, if i leave starter bypassed it will just crank and crank, have tried giving it gas. have cleaned and sanded the corrosion in the ignition switch.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
First question to ask is what have you changed/done from the time it was running OK to the present time when nothing works, or has it never worked OK?

D

devilly

i'm thinking could be start relay under the hood.battery not holding enough charge to start it.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS UTE (BOGAN EDITION)
Have you fixed this problem yet? A mate of mine had the same issue awhile ago and i think we ended up putting a new fully charged battery in and leaving the ignition turned on for a couple hours and it all seemed to work