Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Creating an AWD Monaro.

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
Just finished putting the good tyres back on the Coupe and will go out to the hillclimb again on the weekend. Hopefully the warmer weather will improve the track and make the times a little better. Even letting the missus have a go at putting it up the hill......:doh:..... Hopefully she doesn't bin it!! :)

Is This a typo? :D

edelbrock1

Reaction score
Members Ride
AllPaw CV8 & HSV Coupe4
Is This a typo? :D

hahaha NOPE!! :)

She is a pretty good driver, but lost a bit of confidence after he had a small off and wrote off my daily. Been a bit touchy ever since. So hopefully this will spark her up again.

The hillclimb is pretty safe and I am pretty sure she wont be pushing it hard at all.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
hahaha NOPE!! :)

She is a pretty good driver, but lost a bit of confidence after he had a small off and wrote off my daily. Been a bit touchy ever since. So hopefully this will spark her up again.

The hillclimb is pretty safe and I am pretty sure she wont be pushing it hard at all.

Don't do it! I let my Mrs. drive my, not nearly as special as this car, VX the other day and now she loves it, she told me she was taking it from Auckland to Masterton in September, don't give her the bug!!!

edelbrock1

Reaction score
Members Ride
AllPaw CV8 & HSV Coupe4
what about that bit lol.... good luck with the hill climb.. try and get a couple of vids..

Ok that was a typo. LOL SHE is definitely a SHE. (not that there is anything wrong with that if you're into it... just not me :) )

Any recommendations on tyre pressures? Standard road Bridgetsone Potenza's, nothing racey about them at all. What should the tyre pressures be for best performance at the track???

edelbrock1

Reaction score
Members Ride
AllPaw CV8 & HSV Coupe4
Righto.... We made it through unscathed. Perfect day for it, sun was out and the air was cool.

Can safely say that the AllPaw CV8 is still the quickest Monaro in the club. Was up against the HSV GTO 6.2L, running a fresh set of slicks and a new OTR. (and I suspect a new tune) anyways his goal is to get it into the 38's.

On my second run I was able to lay down a 38.87 and eventually got it down to a 38.56. Now believe me, I would say that I might just make the grade of "Average Steerer", so by no means do I know what I am doing.
But the fella in the GTO tried his best all day and was able to do a PB of 39.1. (Big LOL's)
I told him it was a pretty simple formula to go fast, just hold the right foot harder for longer. He said that if he does that it just breaks traction and smokes up. So I told him to learn how to drive. hahahaha

But with this track, traction is where it is at, and the AllPaw CV8 has that in bucket loads.
Got some slicks ordered for the big event at the Monaro Nationals, so cant wait to see what sort of times it can run with that rubber on. I actually suspect that it will not go much quicker, it is the driver that is the current restriction to this thing going quicker. But with it shod with slicks it might trick my brain into thinking I dont have to brake or slow down (as much).... hahaha Time will tell.

Missus did really well in the car. First time out she did a 62.63 second pass. Slowest out of everyone there. But by the end of the day the fear had gone and she was loving it. Best time of 47.11.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4ok...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hXzJL0EfeE

Couple of vids from the day. Gold CV8z is a club member, man this car sounds awesome. Then my missus is following in the Black CV8.

Sadly no one got any footage of me... maybe I was goin too fast!! :rofl2:

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
holy crap, it wouldn't be hard to get that wrong!

Looks like awesome fun.

edelbrock1

Reaction score
Members Ride
AllPaw CV8 & HSV Coupe4
Yeah it does look narrow... probably is narrow. LOL

But it is damn good fun. It is interesting to find the limits of the car that you never could on the street. When the AllPaw CV8 is pushed hard there is some understeer, something that I have never found during normal 'spirited' road driving..

Glad the missus had a go too. Seems like she has got some of her confidence back, :) Happy days.

ONROADYNO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Great to see video.
Must feel great to be pulled around corners by front diff :)

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
looks like great fun, wish they had one of these in QLD.