Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cruising – mates or alone?

BecStar

Kickstart My Heart...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Clubsport R8 - Vespers Blue
It's kinda hard to cruise around my town, it's fairly small and as mentioned before.. it would start looking a bit stupid if you see the same car going around town several times a night. My SS isn't on the road yet so I've got the BMW, it's falling apart on me but I'll take the long way home after work some nights just to clear my head and listen to some music in peace. There's a car club in town that have cruises once a month I think but I've heard that most of the guys there are absolute tossers, and I haven't seen any chicks there yet.

Maybe I'll get out and about a bit more once the SS is back on road, I don't mind being the designated driver as long as I get fuel money and a drink afterwards lol

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
one thing i hate about cruising with mates is they change the song, to the one song released on radio or that everyone knows****ing annoys the hell outta me

**** me dead tell me about it, one mate in particular when ever i pick him the first thing he does EVERY time is scans through all my songs, pisses me off so bad its my car my rules bitch lol....

i like driving by myself as ppl mentioned before it really relaxes you and im one of those ppl who has their music to the point if it was any higher the speakers would start sounding crackly (i listen to ministry of sound music btw).

Also its great having just one person in the passenger seat next to you, you get some great deep and meaningful's in those times whether its a guy or a girl, if its a girl i just sit back en listen lol

LisnM8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman 5Litre
If you are "cutting laps" you look like a complete d**k no matter WHERE you are, you just look dumber when you have a carload of mates with you lol.

Nah it starts at Torquay, and Torquay is about 20 or so minutes out of Geelong.

yeah was talking about cutin laps, that was many moons ago, some people obviously had no mates to do it with. Some of our greastest memories started out being bored and chuckin some laps...the whole car culture is built around hottin up cars and showing em off, and chattin away to the wee hours of the morning...most people find it more enjoyable to share experiences with others...

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
**** me dead tell me about it, one mate in particular when ever i pick him the first thing he does EVERY time is scans through all my songs, pisses me off so bad its my car my rules bitch lol....

i like driving by myself as ppl mentioned before it really relaxes you and im one of those ppl who has their music to the point if it was any higher the speakers would start sounding crackly (i listen to ministry of sound music btw).

Also its great having just one person in the passenger seat next to you, you get some great deep and meaningful's in those times whether its a guy or a girl, if its a girl i just sit back en listen lol

i prefer songs i can sing along to, metal/rock, actually its awesome when everyone knows the song so everyone really gets into it

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
doesnt the great ocean road start near geelong? i reon there would be heaps of people driving that raod on their own. the first 100 kms of that road from geelong is the best from memory.

i recon driving around in circles may look questionable in a small town after a while.

im talking about the inner city

NIXONLS1

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my mum
Just depend on when, usally meet up with some mates in thier cars.

Sharoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Grandpa Spec 5.7L VX Berlina
If i'm in a bad mood or whatever I like to chuck the dog in the car and go for a drive with her, otherwise I like a full car with friends.
They are so bad for changing songs. I usually listen to metal and punk but they like anything that the subs are loud on, none of them have any so they like it.

The only thing I hate about it is the aftermath the next morning. Last Sunday I got in my car and it was rank. All I could smell was JD and raspberry cordial.
Last weekend I pulled 15 bottles from the the back floor, 5 still whole, so finders keepers..haha

I will have a car load for that charity cruise, well maybe, don't like my chances of having 4 other girls up and gone for the 5am meet...

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
i prefer songs i can sing along to, metal/rock, actually its awesome when everyone knows the song so everyone really gets into it

yea thats true nothing beats it when every person knows the song lol, for example first song that came to my head was this song called 'some kinda rush', its a dance song and all my mates know it but yea good times

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Ahhh cruising songs. When I'm by myself on the highway - blues/rock/country. When I'm cruising with mates through town, it's GnR or ACDC :)

VNexecutive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
i love having one passenger. certain mates only. and the missus aswell.

i pump music when by myself, hardly ever with others in the car.

i love mass cruises though.